Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 10:35 AM

37 posts, read 40,798 times

Advertisements

My house sold quick and I just don't want to make a mistake on buying a condo in a area I may not like. So I have decided to rent for 6 months first. Its down to two apartments. Summerland Estrada and Sterling Summerland. Neither really in Summerland but the area does not look that bad. Both on Rock Springs Drive 89128. Read reviews on both but there are only 3. Does anyone know anything about these apartments? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2015, 12:47 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,300,380 times
It's not Summerland!! It's SUMMERLIN. Summerland is a make believe place that only exists somewhere in the south.
Rent the one place that you like the best of the two you listed. And if you do not like it, you can leave after 6 months. Time goes fast.

Old 08-11-2015, 01:51 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,813,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
It's not Summerland!! It's SUMMERLIN. Summerland is a make believe place that only exists somewhere in the south.
Rent the one place that you like the best of the two you listed. And if you do not like it, you can leave after 6 months. Time goes fast.
Actually the first is Summerlin Entrada. The second though is Sterling Summerland.

Both are I think fine but back to 95. Be careful of highway noise.

Both are walk-able neighborhoods.

Old 08-11-2015, 02:10 PM

Geez sorry about that. When you have 1 million things to do in a short time I guess you can make a spelling mistake. But I gathered you got the picture. Thank you Ivoc for the information about the walk-able neighborhood. Yes I did see next to the highway so I'm going to look for one that is the farthest.

Old 08-11-2015, 02:34 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,813,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrightt View Post

Geez sorry about that. When you have 1 million things to do in a short time I guess you can make a spelling mistake. But I gathered you got the picture. Thank you Ivoc for the information about the walk-able neighborhood. Yes I did see next to the highway so I'm going to look for one that is the farthest.
You might check out the San Moritz on Washington. I think that is the home of Merry Lee Gather who comments on this list frequently. Seems very nice.

There are also large numbers of nice condos in the area. These are generally rented through an RE Agent Though you can find them on any of the big real estate sites.

Old 08-11-2015, 02:54 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,281,500 times
I don't know anyone that lives in either place but I've looked at them and would recommend them as they're nice.

I pass Summerlin Entrada frequently when taking Rock Springs to Lake Mead as a short cut. It's across from a dog park and a school. Then there is an empty lot on one side of it that sometimes has graffiti. They take good care to maintain the property though and remove graffiti. It is backed up against the larger highway.

Sterling Summerland is situated further north closer to Smoke Ranch Rd and is also a nice area. I always see that area as more quiet. There's a big high school and lots of businesses in the area. It puts you right up against the medical offices where you'll likely have doctor appointments.

Out of the two I'd pick Sterling Summerland because of it's more central location of everything you're likely going to shop at or use like the movie theaters.

Which one do you like best?

Old 08-11-2015, 04:56 PM

Default Apartment

Thank you first. I am totally rattled right now. I'm leaning towards Summerlin Estrada but that can change. Reason I believe its a little more south and has a dog park, which I need. However you stated Sterling Summerland is more quiet which means a lot. Once again thank you. Never expected my house to sell in a week.

Old 08-11-2015, 05:06 PM

2,413 posts, read 2,033,175 times
I prefer Summerland.

Old 08-11-2015, 05:10 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,281,500 times
Congratulations on selling your home! The dog park will work beautifully for you then. Let us know how it goes and what you choose.

Old 08-11-2015, 09:54 PM

Default Apartment

Can you tell me why you prefer Summerland? Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas