Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 10:24 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times

Advertisements

Silverstone heats up again. The Judge appears ready to end the bankruptcy which will expose the owners of the golf course to a civil suit.

Silverstone association plans to sue to restore golf course | Las Vegas Review-Journal

Still think the HOA has to end up owning the course. Interesting that DR Horton is messing around in it and got slapped by the court.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 04:02 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,519,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
The Queensridge Badlands Golf Course is perhaps even more interesting. A set of owners there are suing the course owners and the City of Las Vegas. Basically saying that a set of changes attempted by the City Planning Commission or Dept were designed to enable developing the golf course. Sounds like there is going to be perhaps a bigger battle over this course than Silverstone.

It appears to me the owners in Queensridge thought they were locked by master plan and zoning requirements. And it appears there may have been some back room manuevering going on to remove these impediments.

Group that includes rich and famous files suit over condo plans | Las Vegas Review-Journal

Could be a real Las Vegas sort of thing if people get caught with their hand in the cookie jar.
Thought being the kicker here. The homeowners didn't read the CC&R's, It was right there, no guarantee the golf course would stay a golf course. I lived there for many years. One day I was talking with my agent about the condos over by the Marriott. She said your CC&R's could also change and you might not have a golf course. We pulled them out and sure enough, right there in black and white. We got out at the peak of the market. Thank God.

What I can't figure out is why owners didn't offer it up to the Queensridge HOA. Plenty of rich folks in there would of chipped in and bought it. Of course he also owns Angel Park and probably didn't want the competition.

They took a real beating on their home as is others selling now.

Old 03-23-2017, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
Thought being the kicker here. The homeowners didn't read the CC&R's, It was right there, no guarantee the golf course would stay a golf course. I lived there for many years. One day I was talking with my agent about the condos over by the Marriott. She said your CC&R's could also change and you might not have a golf course. We pulled them out and sure enough, right there in black and white. We got out at the peak of the market. Thank God.

What I can't figure out is why owners didn't offer it up to the Queensridge HOA. Plenty of rich folks in there would of chipped in and bought it. Of course he also owns Angel Park and probably didn't want the competition.

They took a real beating on their home as is others selling now.
I don't believe it would be in the CC&Rs or at least not of the homeowners. It is in the restrictions on the golf course property. And apparently in the case of Badlands the restrictions are not there. Surprises me actually. A number of the buyers were sophisticated enough to deal with such things. Even a Pecole or two. And I would sure like to see what disclosure was made to the buyers who bought golf front. That could turn into another big issue. If the golf course was not certain and stable ai would think it would have required a disclosure. And any smart buyer would have asked. Wonder what they were told.

Silverstone did it right but they have not prevailed yet either. And they may not as they will need to actually get at someone with deep pockets. Looks to me like the opposition is all shell corporations with no assets other than the course. So even if they win they may find it impossible to put the place back together.

Sun City Summerlin is pretty safe though it is well known the lose a million or so each year on the three courses. They have in the past looked at closing one but estimate closing a course would cost more than operating the three.

Old 03-23-2017, 06:48 PM

We lived on the golf course. In 1998 no one thought a golf course here would turn into a land for development. Never happened before. There was very little west of the development.

Sorry, we threw out our CC&R's years ago after we moved or I'd give them to you. They might be on line. I know EHB have put up a site.

Pecole lived up the street from us. They owned the Badlands GC. Heck lots of attorneys live there. Obviously they didn't read it either.

Old 03-23-2017, 07:19 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
I don't believe it would be in the CC&Rs or at least not of the homeowners. It is in the restrictions on the golf course property. And apparently in the case of Badlands the restrictions are not there. Surprises me actually. A number of the buyers were sophisticated enough to deal with such things. Even a Pecole or two. And I would sure like to see what disclosure was made to the buyers who bought golf front. That could turn into another big issue. If the golf course was not certain and stable ai would think it would have required a disclosure. And any smart buyer would have asked. Wonder what they were told.

Silverstone did it right but they have not prevailed yet either. And they may not as they will need to actually get at someone with deep pockets. Looks to me like the opposition is all shell corporations with no assets other than the course. So even if they win they may find it impossible to put the place back together.

Sun City Summerlin is pretty safe though it is well known the lose a million or so each year on the three courses. They have in the past looked at closing one but estimate closing a course would cost more than operating the three.
The biggest stick in my craw.

Old 03-29-2017, 11:02 AM

Default Badlands rezoning political issue.

Getting to be a political issue. The relatively conservative Beer would normally be unbeatable with the somewhat conservative Sun City Summerlin vote. But the Badlands issue may actually prevent him from winning at least on the primary ballot.

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2017/ma...unicipal-race/

Old 03-29-2017, 12:16 PM

Hope Beer loses.

Old 03-30-2017, 11:47 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Getting to be a political issue. The relatively conservative Beer would normally be unbeatable with the somewhat conservative Sun City Summerlin vote. But the Badlands issue may actually prevent him from winning at least on the primary ballot.

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2017/ma...unicipal-race/
SCS is not in Ward 2. Do we vote anyway?

Old 03-30-2017, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
SCS is not in Ward 2. Do we vote anyway?
You are correct. Funny I simply associate Beers with Sun City Summerlin - It must go back to the days when he was State Senator. In that case he is in some trouble...his great political strength was Sun City where he was a fixture...speaker at government things etc. The rest of Summerlin is far less conservative and Beers appeals heavily to the conservative. So the Badlands thing may well be enough to do him in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas