Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 11:45 PM

949 posts, read 789,860 times

Advertisements

Trump's tax bill has created opportunity zones in low income neighborhoods. The land between MD Parkway and the strip is ripe for redevelopment with Trump's help. Check out the map in the link below to see opportunity zones along MD Parkway. I wouldn't be surprised if the Trump Organization announces an investment in this area if light rail gets approved... but that would depend on Federal funding... something that Trump is against... so it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

https://fundrise.com/education/blog-...LmU_D_BwE#maps

Old 03-11-2019, 03:46 AM

23,224 posts, read 29,066,081 times
^^

Isn't this how it usually works? Trump badly needs votes for one of his pet projects. He sits down with a representative or 2 or 3 from NV, opposed to his pet project, and?

"If you vote for this project, I'll make sure you get your light rail funding for Maryland Parkway!"

In the past, a good many light rail projects were funded 50% or more from the Federal Government, but that was under Obama.

Old 03-11-2019, 12:00 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,719,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkcty View Post
Enough you're politicizing and ruining an interesting thread!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvmama View Post
Like he does in every other thread. Then he accuses others. Nearly everything he posts is full of untruthsand outright lies. He is going on my ignore list. I suggest everyone else does the same. Don’t feed the troll. Most clueless poster on all of City-Data.

Gets old doesn't it? Harsh, rude, immature name caller. Politicizes everything then calls others names when they don't agree.

Perfect candidate for the ignore list. And I won't see his response, if any, because he's on mine.

Old 03-11-2019, 06:09 PM

2,719 posts, read 3,492,706 times
Having a light rail on Maryland Pkwy will be another useless waste of taxpayers money. We all know the current state of the monorail 1 mile West on Paradise Rd. If the Maryland Pkwy line pushes through then you will have two boondoggle rail lines side by side both going in the same North/South direction.

Not smart at all, extend the monorail to Downtown Vegas with the help of the local government and build a line going West/East direction on Flamingo road. RTC will definitely be involved here so it could help plan the West/East light rail on Flamingo with its North/South bus lines intersecting Flamingo road.

Old 03-11-2019, 09:23 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,059,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
^^

Isn't this how it usually works? Trump badly needs votes for one of his pet projects. He sits down with a representative or 2 or 3 from NV, opposed to his pet project, and?

"If you vote for this project, I'll make sure you get your light rail funding for Maryland Parkway!"

In the past, a good many light rail projects were funded 50% or more from the Federal Government, but that was under Obama.
An interesting take considering the executive branch has zero power to appropriate funds. Congress is the branch of government that controls funding.

Old 03-11-2019, 09:30 PM

61,751 posts, read 87,217,162 times
Way too much to clean. Looks like you guys have nothing more to say about the topic.
Time to close, then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas