Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 12:19 PM

799 posts, read 708,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickydim View Post
There's 40000 people speeding at any given time too. Maybe we should we add 100,000 police officers and turn the city into a gestapo camp.
Please don't even suggest this. There is a certain large part of society that would love to see exactly that, and they are doing everything they can to make it so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 12:54 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,117,601 times
Speeding isn't a problem. THAT is what people don't understand.

A lot of people are capable of traveling at high speeds without incident. Happens every single day in Germany.
What they do, though, is make sure the people actually know how to drive and make sure their cars are safe.

What do we do? Make sure they know that a stop sign means stop. Oh, and most important, parallel parking.

It's another case of us ignoring the actual problem.

Old 07-06-2016, 03:25 PM

17,587 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
What they should do is have them shoot them off in one spot, say a huge field AWAY from people's homes. Entice them there with a free BBQ or something. Make that the only spot they can shoot them off and let them do it as long as they want. And this way people can have some peace on that day, because just because a lot of you expect your freedom to do whatever you damn well please, others should have the freedom to not have it disrupt their lives and traumatize their pets.
You know.. That's not a horrible idea.

There's plenty of space out there where this could be done.

I'll put arguments that "I'd have to drive somewhere else" in with your "Disrupt lives and traumatize pets".. I don't give either argument a whole lot of credence. The city repaving your street can disrupt your life and traumatize a pet. And fireworks are generally one night. And, having people go out into a desert area.. An inconvenience as well, but.. No real risk of burning down a house.. You could have emergency services out there for any accidents..

I don't necessarily agree with your logic behind it, but still like the idea.

Old 07-06-2016, 03:48 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,808,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Speeding isn't a problem. THAT is what people don't understand.

A lot of people are capable of traveling at high speeds without incident. Happens every single day in Germany.
What they do, though, is make sure the people actually know how to drive and make sure their cars are safe.

What do we do? Make sure they know that a stop sign means stop. Oh, and most important, parallel parking.

It's another case of us ignoring the actual problem.
Far better roads in Germany and on average, far better cars, and there's no question much higher IQ compared to the average las vegan

People here don't get stop signs, and it doesn't help when some are 2-way and others 4-way... it's just a dumb system

It also doesn't help we have people from all over the country and the world coming here, and their road laws are very different

Old 07-06-2016, 04:08 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,940,032 times
Fireworks are illegal most everywhere..Doesn't stop the inbred from shooting them off... Unless and Until you ban the SALE of fireworks you will have people buying them and using them...

Old 07-06-2016, 04:48 PM
EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCpl2 View Post
Fireworks are illegal most everywhere..Doesn't stop the inbred from shooting them off... Unless and Until you ban the SALE of fireworks you will have people buying them and using them...

Right? When they made it illegal to sell meth it totally disappeared off the streets. Couldn't buy it anymore. Nope.

Old 07-06-2016, 05:01 PM

359 posts, read 361,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Right? When they made it illegal to sell meth it totally disappeared off the streets. Couldn't buy it anymore. Nope.
but my neighbor doing lines at 230 am doesnt keep the entire block up

Old 07-06-2016, 05:10 PM
EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas taco View Post
but my neighbor doing lines at 230 am doesnt keep the entire block up

But when someone tries to steal his stash and they start shooting not only will you get woken up, you might get shot. Drywall isn't bulletproof.

Old 07-06-2016, 08:08 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
You know.. That's not a horrible idea.

There's plenty of space out there where this could be done.

I'll put arguments that "I'd have to drive somewhere else" in with your "Disrupt lives and traumatize pets".. I don't give either argument a whole lot of credence. The city repaving your street can disrupt your life and traumatize a pet. And fireworks are generally one night. And, having people go out into a desert area.. An inconvenience as well, but.. No real risk of burning down a house.. You could have emergency services out there for any accidents..

I don't necessarily agree with your logic behind it, but still like the idea.
It wasn't just one night! They had been setting them off for days, until the wee hours of the morning. I guess they are illiterate and can't read that they can only do this up til a certain time at night.

The city repaving my street have never disrupted my life and traumatized my pets. We just park elsewhere and walk home, big deal.

Someone mentioned earlier that the people bothered by it should leave. Yeah, right, and if their house burns down due to the inconsiderate knuckleheads, there goes everything. In one neighborhood, if the neighbor did not wake up the sleeping couple to tell them their back yard was on fire because of a firework landing there and setting it on fire, just a few feet from their door, they could very well have died during the night with their house on fire.
I do not mind the legal fireworks, it's the blatant disrespect some people have for the laws regarding illegal fireworks.

Old 07-06-2016, 08:12 PM
EA

If I had to go to work on Tuesday I would have been pretty angry at people setting them off til 2am. Luckily I didn't.
1300 cops simply can't stop all these people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: