Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 12:02 AM

611 posts, read 950,910 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any comments regarding 2725 S Nellis Blvd area. In particular the Echo Bay Condos by Albertsons..Close to golf courses. We will be going there as snowbirds to thsi gated community and wonder how people feel about walking up and down Nellis to and from Boulder Station as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 12:30 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,988,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by binionrat View Post
Does anyone have any comments regarding 2725 S Nellis Blvd area. In particular the Echo Bay Condos by Albertsons..Close to golf courses. We will be going there as snowbirds to thsi gated community and wonder how people feel about walking up and down Nellis to and from Boulder Station as well.
I wouldn't walk it.

While you are more likely to be hit by a car while trying to cross the street, that area is a high crime area. Is anything likely to happen? No. But the chances are a lot higher in that part of town than elsewhere. That's the pawn shop/title loan/gun shop/liquor store part of Las Vegas, if you catch my drift.

Nellis can be bad news. Boulder Highway can be bad news. Walking from Nellis down to Lamb to go to Boulder Station -- well, let's just paraphrase Obi Wan Kenobi. "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Old 03-09-2012, 02:32 AM

2,724 posts, read 4,762,963 times
United States v. Imland Empire Builders, et al. (CV-S-98-HDM(RLH))

Old 03-09-2012, 06:53 AM

1,828 posts, read 5,312,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eventusstultorummagister View Post
So don't move there expecting them to accommodate a disability, because they would rather fight it out for seven years in court.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:19 PM

1 posts, read 6,458 times
High crime area, liquor stores and pawn shops? Maybe you are talking about East Fremont Ave? I think your geography is off about five miles.

Old 07-08-2012, 01:21 AM

280 posts, read 571,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jottowag View Post
High crime area, liquor stores and pawn shops? Maybe you are talking about East Fremont Ave? I think your geography is off about five miles.
A one post wonder strikes again.

I know for a fact ScoopLV is right on the money. I lived near Nellis & Sahara (a few blocks north of the OPs area), I wouldn't walk out at night unless I had my firearm with me. Did I ever have problems? Nothing major, just bums and lowlifes bumming money or cigarettes or trying to buy from you or sell to you dope. I was followed a few times, but the sight of a firearm strapped to your leg deters most villans. It is a higher crime area (not the highest, but high nontheless). Will the OP have problems, probably not, but why take the chance. And I certainly wouldnt walk down Sahara, DI or even Vegas Valley towards Lamb, it gets even seedier. If the OP is set on the area, take a cab to Boulder.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:50 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,796,460 times
Scoop is consistently a defender of east side living. If he indicates it is troublesome you can take it to the bank. Note that being a crime victim is a rare event. But it is 100s of times rarer other places than on Nellis.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:10 PM

3,199 posts, read 13,393,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Scoop is consistently a defender of east side living. If he indicates it is troublesome you can take it to the bank. Note that being a crime victim is a rare event. But it is 100s of times rarer other places than on Nellis.

Agreed. I used to live very close to that area as well and always like the east side personally, but that doesn't mean I would walk around the address from the OP's post.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:27 PM

727 posts, read 1,056,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKat View Post
Agreed. I used to live very close to that area as well and always like the east side personally, but that doesn't mean I would walk around the address from the OP's post.
I am very new here and keep seeing a reference to OP. I think it refers to a previous posting but could someone please tell me exactly what it means?

Old 07-08-2012, 03:20 PM

3,199 posts, read 13,393,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newopty View Post
I am very new here and keep seeing a reference to OP. I think it refers to a previous posting but could someone please tell me exactly what it means?

"Original Post"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas