Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2014, 01:28 AM

557 posts, read 793,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioni888 View Post
Maybe because Henderson is not attractive anymore?
Just look at Summerlin houses, my condo 2 years ago was 120k and now they are selling for 190K+.
Last year I paid my house in Summerlin 175k and same house sold for 240k 2 weeks ago. if you don't believe me I will send you links from redfin.
Prices are not going down
I would like to know of an area of Summerlin that is more attractive than Anthem. Henderson has a lot of different areas, ya know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2014, 09:07 AM

295 posts, read 362,869 times
How about Seven Hills, Grand Hills Drive, anything comparable in Summerlin, I don't think so.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:12 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,788,007 times
I usually equate Spanish Trail to Seven Hills. Summerlin to Green Valley Ranch. But there are some pockets here and there that make these pale in comparison. Take a look around the neighborhood where David Copperfield lives. THOSE houses are monstrous.

Old 05-31-2014, 11:10 AM

15,860 posts, read 14,487,406 times
Also, the schools in the better areas of Henderson are the best in he county.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlyliveonce View Post
I would like to know of an area of Summerlin that is more attractive than Anthem. Henderson has a lot of different areas, ya know.

Old 05-31-2014, 12:55 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,807,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Also, the schools in the better areas of Henderson are the best in he county.
Among the best. Not "the best". There are lots of schools in Summerlin and a few elsewhere of similar characteristics. Coronado is the best of the conventional high schools but well below Ad Tech, the Academy and other of the magnets.

Note that this is all pretty much the demographics of the neighborhood and there are tracts and areas in Summerlin that are better than good Henderson.

Old 05-31-2014, 01:25 PM

15,860 posts, read 14,487,406 times
I was talking elementary schools. A while back, someone was asking about schools, and I found the county rating site. The top 5 schools were in up the hill Henderson. You had to get to #6 before you got to Summerlin.

And if you're talking magnet schools, neighborhood is irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Among the best. Not "the best". There are lots of schools in Summerlin and a few elsewhere of similar characteristics. Coronado is the best of the conventional high schools but well below Ad Tech, the Academy and other of the magnets.

Note that this is all pretty much the demographics of the neighborhood and there are tracts and areas in Summerlin that are better than good Henderson.

Old 05-31-2014, 02:15 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,807,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
I was talking elementary schools. A while back, someone was asking about schools, and I found the county rating site. The top 5 schools were in up the hill Henderson. You had to get to #6 before you got to Summerlin.

And if you're talking magnet schools, neighborhood is irrelevant.
Depends. The top 20 shift from year to year. Last year for instance the best Middle school was Rogich in Summerlin. I do not believe there is a statistical difference among the top 20. You are just looking at the noise.

I would also note that two of the top five are inevitably the twins next to 215 which is quite down the hill though in 89012.

Magnets are not irrelevant. They actually set the standard for high schools. And they make it clear all of the conventional high schools, by design, are out of the top 8 or 9.

Old 05-31-2014, 11:01 PM

743 posts, read 968,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
I went to the Redfin launch party last night #RedfinLovesVegas Redfin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia .

It will be interesting to see if their business model for real estate takes off in Las Vegas.
I RSVP'ed but had too much work going on...how was it? (How was the food?-which is half the reason I go to those things).

Old 06-01-2014, 01:11 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,872,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardogfsu View Post
I RSVP'ed but had too much work going on...how was it? (How was the food?-which is half the reason I go to those things).
Food was good. It was catered -- I didn't find out who catered it. Steak sliders were great. Prosciutto-wrapped asparagus - standard fare, but quite good. Toasted sliced baguette with a slice of brie & a few things I didn't recognize with drizzled balsamic - good, but not as good as it looked. Some puffed pastry thing stuffed with kale - Just OK.

Hosted full bar. Priceless.

Old 06-01-2014, 05:15 PM

164 posts, read 260,664 times
we drove all over summerlin on several occasions to figure out what was so great about the area and have yet to find it. the main street of eastern in henderson south of the 215 felt way more like the pulse of a city we were looking to live near and the anthem / seven hills area is super nice and right off the road in from los angeles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas