Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 02:14 PM

149 posts, read 398,991 times

Advertisements

those were both a little south of the FWY though if it matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2017, 02:21 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,341,981 times
One north and one south of the 215. Neither appear random. Looks like the people were targeted. Should become clear. And that can happen. There was also the LL killed by the tenant last year. But it is still pretty rare. And note the home owner killed one invader and wounded another. That tends to discourage crime.

So crime will certainly occur...but the rates will be pretty low.

Old 03-16-2017, 07:41 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,152,541 times
I really doubt either of these events will be shown to be random.

I really don't hear about people being robbed on the street or any such nonsense that you have and a lot of major metropolitan areas. It's usually there was a heated argument outside the 711/fitness center or whatever and someone went for a gun. Yes, it happens. It would seem it depends who you associate with factors greatly on whether or not it's going to happen to you.

Not judging is a former hood rat myself.... Just saying.

To be quite honest as been very few places I haven't felt safe in the three years I've lived here.

Old 03-16-2017, 11:45 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,668,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robojester View Post
I really doubt either of these events will be shown to be random.

Not judging is a former hood rat myself.... Just saying.

To be quite honest as been very few places I haven't felt safe in the three years I've lived here.
You were formerly a hoochie ghetto chick...Really???

Old 03-18-2017, 09:23 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,152,541 times
ghetto dude but yes if you must know.

Neither proud nor ashamed just part of my past.

Old 03-18-2017, 09:52 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,862,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam500 View Post
House pipes freezing sometimes in the winter?
Probably the thing most susceptible to freezing damage is in the irrigation system (assuming there is one). Something that looks like this:

However, it is pretty easy to protect with an insulation bag:

Old 03-18-2017, 12:00 PM

110 posts, read 133,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Probably the thing most susceptible to freezing damage is in the irrigation system (assuming there is one). Something that looks like this:

However, it is pretty easy to protect with an insulation bag:

Appreciate the input...

Does anyone have any thoughts on the new Sky Canyon development in NW Las Vegas?

Skye Canyon | North Las Vegas Planned Community

Does anyone live in the area that can provide some personal feedback?

Old 03-18-2017, 01:32 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,341,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam500 View Post
Appreciate the input...

Does anyone have any thoughts on the new Sky Canyon development in NW Las Vegas?

Skye Canyon | North Las Vegas Planned Community

Does anyone live in the area that can provide some personal feedback?
'
Couple of square miles of scrub desert.

How brave are you feeling? It can be great fun to be a pioneer in a place like Skye Canyon but it is also a royal pain in the backside. The construction goes on for decades. Initially there are few amenities and no local services. Have to jump to Centennial Hills for virtually everything. And the dust and noise is continuous.

The initial pioneers in such places generally love it after it reaches a reasonable state. They are co-victims in the interim and tend to form very tight neighborhood bonds.

You might also take a look at Reverence. That is a new Pulte project in the northern tip of Summerlin. Much smaller than Skye Canyon and has lots of infrastructure in place. Basically west of 215 between Lake Mead and Cheyenne.

Old 03-18-2017, 05:44 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,668,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
'
Couple of square miles of scrub desert.

How brave are you feeling? It can be great fun to be a pioneer in a place like Skye Canyon but it is also a royal pain in the backside. The construction goes on for decades. Initially there are few amenities and no local services. Have to jump to Centennial Hills for virtually everything. And the dust and noise is continuous.

The initial pioneers in such places generally love it after it reaches a reasonable state. They are co-victims in the interim and tend to form very tight neighborhood bonds.

You might also take a look at Reverence. That is a new Pulte project in the northern tip of Summerlin. Much smaller than Skye Canyon and has lots of infrastructure in place. Basically west of 215 between Lake Mead and Cheyenne.
Agreed, and Centennial Hills shopping is busy enough to make it largely a hassle (imho) already.

Old 03-20-2017, 11:16 PM

2,114 posts, read 2,344,517 times
I live in Centennial Hills, near Buffalo and Farm Road. We moved in in 1998, have watched it grow from literally nothing (no stores, could see the Strip out the kitchen window) to a fully developed area. Not much crime, decent schools, library and YMCA, nice sized public park nearby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas