Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 09:10 PM

455 posts, read 652,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by orca17 View Post
Apparently you don't go far enough east to run into it. There are traffic lights at Losee, Pecos, Lamb and Range Road. The overpasses/interchanges were never built.
I drive through that every morning on the way to work, no big deal. Las Vegas is a piece of cake compared to a lot of places that simply don't invest much in infrastructure or ones that have real traffic. I know everyone here is familiar with L.A. But have you ever been to Atlanta? It's a nightmare.

Back to the original topic, the NW is a great place to live!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2017, 08:48 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,872,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Sorry but that is the NE not the NW. And remember how this particular freeway was built. Normal federal and state funds were not available for years so the County Commission built the road on the cheap with local dollars. As other sources of money become available it is upgraded to full freeway. And that will occur eventually in the NE. That however was last as it is the least used portion of the 215.
What effect, if any, do you think the future Interstate 11 (if it is built within our lifetimes) might have have on plans to finish I-215? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_11

Old 04-06-2017, 08:49 AM

2,114 posts, read 2,346,962 times
We have a lot of things in place already, and a new Sprouts under construction at Farm and Durango.

Old 04-06-2017, 04:29 PM

110 posts, read 104,581 times
Quote:
We have a lot of things in place already, and a new Sprouts under construction at Farm and Durango.
That is perfect! I like sprouts for a few items, and they can have really good deals sometimes on chicken and produce. It is only like 2 minutes from my house.

Old 04-07-2017, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeographyNerd View Post
That is perfect! I like sprouts for a few items, and they can have really good deals sometimes on chicken and produce. It is only like 2 minutes from my house.

Read somewhere online that in the building being constructed next to the new Sprouts there will be a CVS Pharmacy and a Tide Laundromat. I was hoping for some good new restaurant choices, but there you go.

Old 04-07-2017, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumaboy View Post
But have you ever been to Atlanta? It's a nightmare.

I used to live in northern Florida and I traveled through Atlanta to visit family northwest of there. Nightmare is an apt description, and that was before the I-85 bridge collapse.

Old 04-08-2017, 09:30 AM

472 posts, read 378,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVAllen View Post
Most people would have lost their minds if they saw full-fledged overpasses built at those locations at that time, wasting a tremendous amount of time and resources for very little return.
Like Revere?

Old 04-11-2017, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickydim View Post
Like Revere?
That is precisely what I don't understand about the plan for 215. At least two overpasses have been built at streets where traffic didn't stop on 215, but none are being built (or planned, apparently) at the intersections where it would do some good in terms of traffic flow.

Old 04-11-2017, 07:13 PM

110 posts, read 104,581 times
Quote:
Read somewhere online that in the building being constructed next to the new Sprouts there will be a CVS Pharmacy and a Tide Laundromat. I was hoping for some good new restaurant choices, but there you go.
Laundromat? There are not really many apartments close by. Single family homes all have washer hookups...I would rather have more food too!

Old 03-21-2018, 03:58 PM

96 posts, read 80,629 times
I know this is old topic, but I have one question regarding North West LV:

does anybody know why NW area is grayed out in all maps (i.e. example map below)?
Is there something..? I know it is underdeveloped area, why that?

https://statisticalatlas.com/place/N...Vegas/Overview
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas