Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 11:17 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,118,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Bingo! Las Vegas is the BEST city to live in. I could live anywhere I want to live, but Vegas is the ideal city for the reasons you listed. I cannot stand cities where everything closes by 9 p.m. Unless you're 90 years old or an extreme morning person, that's unacceptable. My day is a little above half-way over by 9 p.m., so that leaves about 7-8 hours I'm awake without much open. It's annoying.

PS: I have a lot more than a million in the bank and I still choose Vegas. No thanks to everywhere else.

PPS: Their crime statistics are irrelevant and basically wrong. In Summerlin violent crime is nowhere close to that, virtually negligible, and in Henderson it's 249 per 100,000, it's 10x lower than what they have listed. Their crime statistics are irrelevant to anyone living in a good area of Las Vegas, especially because if you live in Summerlin or Green Valley you have zero reason ever to go to places like North Las Vegas or anywhere else but the Strip, which is incredibly safe most of the time (October 1 being an exception, sadly) as it is loaded with security cameras and private security and police.

San Diego I would consider leaving vegas for. But I'd have to have a beach house paid for and at least a 1 mil in the bank to do it. That's the only area I like more than Vegas. But I would still want a house here because of all the options. I'll definitely keep my businesses here for tax reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2018, 11:54 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
Another whiner OP post. Seems to be the season.

Old 06-07-2018, 01:05 AM

496 posts, read 365,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Another whiner OP post. Seems to be the season.
Who is whining? Las Vegas is a cesspool. Only 229 murders last year. Rah Rah Las Vegas.

Old 06-07-2018, 07:14 AM

390 posts, read 755,887 times
Don't respond to this Hugie, I'm pretty sure he just wants to start an argument with people on this forum.

Old 06-07-2018, 07:26 AM

209 posts, read 263,866 times
Maybe the accurate conclusion is that Vegas is both, a great place to live that also has more than its fair share of scumbags and trash living here. If you have the money to live on the edges of the valley that are nice you probably don't encounter all the scum and trash very much. Your life here is great. If you don't have money and live in one of the crappy parts of town, and there are many, then all you experience is the scum and trash.

Old 06-07-2018, 08:57 AM

496 posts, read 365,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabtrees View Post
Maybe the accurate conclusion is that Vegas is both, a great place to live that also has more than its fair share of scumbags and trash living here. If you have the money to live on the edges of the valley that are nice you probably don't encounter all the scum and trash very much. Your life here is great. If you don't have money and live in one of the crappy parts of town, and there are many, then all you experience is the scum and trash.
It doesn't matter where you live. LA scum has taken over every neighborhood. The "edges" of town is the new ghetto. NW and SW are trash. You got mass murderers in RR country club.

Old 06-07-2018, 09:17 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
And another poster on my ignore list.

Old 06-07-2018, 10:16 AM

472 posts, read 378,448 times
Crime numbers are skewed. Take the two murders in circus circus, tourist's violent crime numbers get added into residential "per capita" numbers raising our percent per 100,000 RESIDENTS.

Yes, crimes of tourists are committed in our city so the numbers do count, however, for us residents and for the discussion, maybe all crimes against non-residents, violent and personal, be removed for rating purposes only in all the statistics and then see where we rate.

after all this was the 5 worst cities to LIVE in not VISIT. We can have another study about the worst city to visit in another thread.

Old 06-07-2018, 12:05 PM

2,544 posts, read 2,737,804 times
Good maybe it will keep the people from Ca moving here and taking over.

And who was the poster that "wished the weather was better?" There is nothing wrong with the weather. No hurricanes, tornadoes etc. Nice dry heat and pretty mild winter. I love it!!

Old 06-07-2018, 12:14 PM

222 posts, read 226,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughie View Post
You got mass murderers in RR country club.
I know that you only speak in hyperbole, but, for the record; OJ Simpson is neither a mass murderer, nor multiple people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas