Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 05:13 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,038,208 times

Advertisements

Even though it is it's own city, it's like a suburb of Las Vegas. Lots of times you don't even know you are in Henderson. There is no dividing line. It's just a continuation of Las Vegas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2019, 01:43 PM

3 posts, read 1,612 times
Henderson and Las Vegas are the same as far as climate, education, utilities etc... The difference is in the people.. This is just my opinion, but it seems to me that the Henderson residents have a greater sense of community and in supporting their local businesses. I have a print Shop in Henderson and in my experience the Las Vegas customers are open to driving anywhere in the valley to do business, however, the Henderson customers tend to avoid doing business outside of Henderson as much as possible. Even though the 2 cities touch, if you tell a Henderson resident that they have to drive to Las Vegas they will not be happy.

Old 02-14-2019, 05:40 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allsport View Post
Henderson and Las Vegas are the same as far as climate, education, utilities etc... The difference is in the people.. This is just my opinion, but it seems to me that the Henderson residents have a greater sense of community and in supporting their local businesses. I have a print Shop in Henderson and in my experience the Las Vegas customers are open to driving anywhere in the valley to do business, however, the Henderson customers tend to avoid doing business outside of Henderson as much as possible. Even though the 2 cities touch, if you tell a Henderson resident that they have to drive to Las Vegas they will not be happy.
Actually you will find there is very little border contact between the City of Las Vegas and the City of Henderson.. The City of Henderson borders unincorporated Clark County not the City of Las Vegas.

And you will find vast division in Henderson between the South and the North.

Sumerlin has a similar spirit to the South side of Henderson. More interesting in some ways as it is in the City of Las Vegas and unincorporated Clark County. We live in Lone Mountain which is Clark County completely surrounded by the City of Las Vegas. The city continues to chop at the borders but it is now clear Lone Mountain is never going to be part of the city.

Lone Mountain by the way can be very protective of local businesses.

Old 02-15-2019, 01:49 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,491,548 times
Clark County is pretty much one big bowl of bland suburbia. Lots of Strip malls and one struggling shopping center pretending to be downtown. This "downtown" is actually building more rental buildings to bring in people to their elitist area. I bet these same elitist people are tossing and turning at night knowing soon their community will have more rental buildings.

You could not even tell you left one town and moved on to the next driving around. You will have to look very closely to the uninspiring welcome signs to the towns in Clark County. The Strip which gets plenty of smack from outsiders and locals, is actually the most interesting in all of Clark County, NV. Some resorts give you free attractions every season, it's free if you can stay away from gambling. It's also interesting to watch visitors enjoy the Strip unlike some locals who swear they stay away from the Strip, hahahahaha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: