Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 04:48 AM

61,706 posts, read 87,101,195 times

Advertisements

Cleaned the thread. Corrected the title typo. This is not a grammar forum, and OP has nerve damage in his hand. Report inappropriate posts.
So, please stop that pissing contest and go back on topic.

Behave!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2019, 09:01 AM

10,609 posts, read 5,647,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey-Pete View Post
I agree. Spell checkers can work against you sometimes.
Very true.

I used to work for Paul Otellini, then-CEO of Intel Corporation (now deceased). The spell checker seemed always to want to change his name to Paul Tortellini.

Old 04-16-2019, 10:29 AM

220 posts, read 140,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
Very true.

I used to work for Paul Otellini, then-CEO of Intel Corporation (now deceased). The spell checker seemed always to want to change his name to Paul Tortellini.

Now that's funny

Old 04-19-2019, 04:08 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,284,619 times
A dictionary is better than a spell checker. People actually referred to them to help with spelling, long before the internet era. They still work great too.

Old 04-19-2019, 04:12 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,694,717 times
The beauty of the online checker is that you can add words to it. The ugly of it is that it is pretty stupid for some words.

Old 04-29-2019, 11:55 PM

43 posts, read 105,350 times
I think that this thread will not resolve what the best pizza place in Las Vegas is because everyone has their own pre-conceived notions of what makes a good pizza.

One clear trend is the doubling of food portion sizes in American restaurants, which started at The Cheesecake Factory in L.A. in the 1970s. Pizza restaurants are following the trend by making pizza far thicker, i.e. breadier, and ladling on way too much cheese. But many pizza fans seem to like that and so it goes.

I myself believe that pizza slices, particularly the original ones in New York, were thin and easy to fold over. Fat pizza slices with too much bread and cheese is not pizza, but was popularized by non-Italian owners of pizza-slice places in New York, setting aside Sicilian pizza for this discussion.

If you like your pizza thin, Grimaldi's and Good Pie will work for you. If you like fat slices that are overly bready and cheesy, Costco is a great place to go.

My next #PizzaChampagne party in New York in a few weeks will be catered by Upside Pizza:

https://www.upsidepizza.com

Read their story in The New York Times here:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/19/d...lar-slice.html

You would think that with as many pizza store owners as there are in Las Vegas, some would read this thread and try harder. We can only hope.

Old 04-30-2019, 05:52 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,143,131 times
if i still ate pizza, i'd try that ^ ny one in a heart beat. but alas; sugar and omega 6 seed oils and probably msg and gluten in the sauce / crust makes them a no-go.

Old 04-30-2019, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubercool View Post
I think that this thread will not resolve what the best pizza place in Las Vegas is because everyone has their own pre-conceived notions of what makes a good pizza.

One clear trend is the doubling of food portion sizes in American restaurants, which started at The Cheesecake Factory in L.A. in the 1970s. Pizza restaurants are following the trend by making pizza far thicker, i.e. breadier, and ladling on way too much cheese. But many pizza fans seem to like that and so it goes.

I myself believe that pizza slices, particularly the original ones in New York, were thin and easy to fold over. Fat pizza slices with too much bread and cheese is not pizza, but was popularized by non-Italian owners of pizza-slice places in New York, setting aside Sicilian pizza for this discussion.

If you like your pizza thin, Grimaldi's and Good Pie will work for you. If you like fat slices that are overly bready and cheesy, Costco is a great place to go.

My next #PizzaChampagne party in New York in a few weeks will be catered by Upside Pizza:

https://www.upsidepizza.com

Read their story in The New York Times here:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/19/d...lar-slice.html

You would think that with as many pizza store owners as there are in Las Vegas, some would read this thread and try harder. We can only hope.
I'd do anything for a slice of NY holy trinity.

Old 04-30-2019, 09:37 AM

One of my favorite pizzerias that i miss dearly. Benny Tudino's on Washington Ave in Hoboken NJ :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vt6ba9cmQo

Old 05-18-2019, 12:39 PM

43 posts, read 105,350 times
Wow, those slices are huge, LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas