Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 07:18 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,986,981 times

Advertisements

Does anybody know what the Review Journal charges for an ad for a house rental.. I am still trying to get my house rented and i am not getting many bites from CraigsList. Any other ideas. Also, what happens to the security deposit on a lease? Does this go into escrow? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 08:25 PM

87 posts, read 301,504 times
Is that where folks would normally look for a rental? I suppose so, I did on my first scouting trip two months ago. It's not as efficient for someone looking to see alot of areas and properties unless you really know the LV metro area which I did not.

I just returned from my 2nd scouting trip this morning (back to Seattle) after a solid weekend looking at rentals. This trip was really illuminating.

This time, instead of the newspaper, I used a web site Olecapt put a link to or Realtor.com. It allowed me to marry up the zip codes I wanted to concentrate on and get a detailed view of the rentals in that zip. I concentrated on the $1200-1600 range and was quite happy with the possibilities.

By the way, right now its raining again in Seattle I'm not happy being back home after a weekend of sun but oh well....

Old 04-14-2008, 09:49 PM

2pak, if you are still looking, dm me.. i have a great place at centennial and bruce and it is on the lower end of your $$

Old 04-14-2008, 10:47 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,194,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Does anybody know what the Review Journal charges for an ad for a house rental.. I am still trying to get my house rented and i am not getting many bites from CraigsList. Any other ideas. Also, what happens to the security deposit on a lease? Does this go into escrow? Thanks
Do you have it in the MLS? That is where most rentals are made. Everything rationally priced moves in 60 days most in 30.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:34 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,943,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post

Do you have a picture with it? The reason I ask is that when I am looking, I will rarely click on one that does not have a picture. (on Craigslist)

Old 04-15-2008, 06:46 AM

yes on mls, and i will get a pic on craigslist

Old 04-15-2008, 07:55 AM

Arics,
Thanks for the offer but I'm not moving until August. I like to pick the hotest month of the year to move in order to maximize my pain

I'm sure it will great fun to ride my Harley from Seattle to LV as I go through Nevada in August to reach LV Or, I could ship it but that would be too easy...

Old 04-15-2008, 02:25 PM

oh its not hot in august at all, only like 110.. no big deal.. we just go out for a "burn" occasionally.

Old 04-15-2008, 03:31 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,105,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2PAK View Post
Arics,
Thanks for the offer but I'm not moving until August. I like to pick the hotest month of the year to move in order to maximize my pain

I'm sure it will great fun to ride my Harley from Seattle to LV as I go through Nevada in August to reach LV Or, I could ship it but that would be too easy...
actually not as bad as you think......do the Tonopah to LV segment either VERY early AM or late PM......cruisin on a bike thru the desert at night has GOT to be as close to heaven as you can get.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:20 PM

Hey Dynimagelv,
That's a good point, how long does it take to drive from Tonopah to LV? I plan on coming down through Boise (from Seattle) to Winnemucca then to Reno onward to Tonopah and then to LV. What I cant quite determine is the driving time from Winnemucca to LV on highway 95. I can try to add up the miles and guesstimate but it would be better to know what others do it in even thought they do it a car vs a motorcycle. Since I'm on a bike and will need to stop more than a car I wont make the same kind of time. But it's August so I'll be able to work on my tan lines

Actually, I would prefer to run some of it at night! We dont generally do that here in Washington State due to the amount of critters that like to dance with the stars in the middle of your roadway just about the time you are thinking "Man, being out here alone - this just beats the hell out of being married and mowing the lawn at home on a Saturday"....Sorry, dont know why I said that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas