Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2019, 12:52 PM

265 posts, read 204,863 times

Advertisements

Spring Oaks 1 and Spring Oaks 2 near Chinatown is a great, quiet community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2020, 07:09 PM

1,086 posts, read 746,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkcty View Post
Spanish Trail, Spanish Hills, Canyon Gate and then you have the custom built homes around Spring Valley. The Lakes which is pretty much in the boundaries of Spring Valley, does not want to be part of unincorporated area of Clark County, NV so it is a City of Las Vegas neighborhood. Rhodes Ranch is part in Spring Valley and part of it in the town of Enterprise.

Overall, lots of brand new homes and commercial centers being built in Spring Valley and Enterprise. Brand new rental multi-family housing are also being built left and right, nice ones and not cheap.
We were in town recently and looked at Canyon Gate by accident. We intended to look at a couple places in the Lakes and decided to stop into Canyon Gate when we drove by. Found a couple houses on the course with beautiful views. Got outside the gates and it was center of Vegas. Not horrible but a homeless guy right outside the gate drinking his beer. Spanish Trail and Spanish Hills appeared to be a slightly worse neighborhood when we drove by them. I should add the Lakes seemed like a nice neighborhood and was much larger than I realized. Our main concern with all those places was just what does the future hold? Will the homeless people take over the hood? I don't have that same concern out in Summerlin as I think the HOA will spend money to keep the area cleaner.

Old 05-26-2020, 08:47 PM

265 posts, read 204,863 times
Spring Oaks 1 or Spring Oaks 2 has nice condos in a gated community if you only need one or two bedrooms.

Old 05-26-2020, 10:17 PM

26,217 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Joe, be careful of communities with golf courses; many courses are closing down and it's a can of worms for residents, especially those who paid extra for golf course lots and now may have housing built behind them. Here's a thread in another forum for more info on this national trend.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-27-2020, 02:46 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Winchester!

Old 05-27-2020, 08:46 AM

1,086 posts, read 746,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Joe, be careful of communities with golf courses; many courses are closing down and it's a can of worms for residents, especially those who paid extra for golf course lots and now may have housing built behind them. Here's a thread in another forum for more info on this national trend.
Thanks for the reminder. I actually do know about this concern but good to be reminded. I have walked around the Queensridge area and seen the houses that used to back to the Badlands golf course. There was one house for sale, last year, that still showed golf course photos in the listing. It's really interesting walking up close to Badlands and seeing ball washers still on some of the teeboxes, old bathroom buildings, where the course used to be, etc.... It is slowly being overgrown by nature. It's really very interesting.

I had not thought of that risk with Canyon Gate but I suppose it could happen there.

Old 05-27-2020, 11:40 PM

2,719 posts, read 3,491,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longviewJoe View Post
We were in town recently and looked at Canyon Gate by accident. We intended to look at a couple places in the Lakes and decided to stop into Canyon Gate when we drove by. Found a couple houses on the course with beautiful views. Got outside the gates and it was center of Vegas. Not horrible but a homeless guy right outside the gate drinking his beer. Spanish Trail and Spanish Hills appeared to be a slightly worse neighborhood when we drove by them. I should add the Lakes seemed like a nice neighborhood and was much larger than I realized. Our main concern with all those places was just what does the future hold? Will the homeless people take over the hood? I don't have that same concern out in Summerlin as I think the HOA will spend money to keep the area cleaner.

Whatever decision you make does not concern me. I have lived in this town going on for 34 years and I know which areas are nice and which are the problem areas. I love my area,it is beautiful and it is NOT Summerlin so goodluck living in town. Let me know 3 decades from now how your life is, if you are still here.

Old 05-28-2020, 07:43 AM

139 posts, read 169,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Other area's to look at: Summerlin, Centennial Hills, Skye Canyon(new community), Aliante, Valley Vista(newest area between Aliante and Centennial hills), Henderson, Anthem, Seven Hills, Rhodes Ranch. There are other area's,

LOL. You may as well have said look ANYWHERE in the valley. Skye Canyon is as far from the Strip as you can get.

Old 05-28-2020, 08:13 AM

10,609 posts, read 5,651,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
When you say "many," I think you're referring to nationwide, not to Las Vegas. The way you phrased it someone might misunderstand "many" to mean "many golf courses in Las Vegas."

Old 05-28-2020, 08:16 AM

10,609 posts, read 5,651,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueson View Post
Hello, we are new to Vegas and are looking to rent in close proximity to the strip but
don't want to live in a rundown area. Are there any good neighborhoods closer to the strip than henderson or summerlin that are decent? Currently staying in Spring Valley. are there any upscale nice gated communities here?
Can you define "close proximity to the strip"? Where on the Strip (intersection or property)? Or "north strip/south strip"? By close, do you mean walking distance? Do you mean "within a 10 minute drive?" Do you mean including public transit?

Do you mean "close" for a daily commute, or "close" in the sense of going to the Strip 3 or 4 times/week for activities?

Do you mean a single family home? Two-story apartment complex with a pool? High rise condo tower?

What size unit do you wish to rent? What is your price range?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas