Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2023, 07:17 AM

20,110 posts, read 9,028,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardogfsu View Post
Just moved really good tenants into a unit and by accident, late at night they parked in the wrong spot, the spot of another resident. Security caught the owner of the spot taking a gun out to shoot booth tires and instead when they noticed security watching, took a knife out in front of them and knifed both tires. Security has footage of the event. They went to my tenant and showed him the damage. Security was trying to tell me tenant that he just “had a bad day”. It cost my tenant over $500 to fix. They asked if he wanted to press charges, he said he did. Later the same day the owner comes out when my tenants are going to their car, asks if they were the ones who parked two spots over and my tenant says yes. The guy who slashed their tires earlier then takes a gun out and makes like he’s going to shoot them, and walks behind them, both think they are going to die. Security sees the whole thing and picks them up in a car and takes them to the HOA office. The police arrive and see the footage and look up the history of the individual and it is an extensive criminal history. The HOA also had two previous incidents with him and did absolutely nothing about it. The property management company, McKenna Property management had an application fee and failed to do a criminal history background check and just placed him above my unit in a rental. My tenants now filed a restraining order against the individual who lives right above my tenants. My tenant’s wife is worried about retribution on the restraining order so I just spent $600 putting them in a hotel while we wait for the restraining order to be approved by a judge. Will the criminal be forced to vacate immediately due to the restraining order? The HOA has failed to submit the video to the court and won’t release the suspect’s name. There is failed responsibility all around. Why is this dangerous element still in the community after 2 incidences in the community (this being the 3rd) and having an extensive criminal background? Why did the property manager fail to do a proper background check? Why did security not witness the crime in action and call the police for an immediate arrest? Combined my tenant and I are out $1100, who can I go after for negligence in failure to take action and allow this person in the community and these things to take place? Collecting from this piece of **** would be like collecting blood from a stone. I assume if I did any of these things in view of security I’d be jail. What is going on with this lack of support and how would you resolve this? Maybe it’s time to sell and get out of here.
sell and get out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2023, 08:13 AM

24,580 posts, read 10,896,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardogfsu View Post
My tenants have filed a restraining order, I’ve let them cancel their lease and im now out a lot of money. The HOA is protecting the felon saying they can’t do anything. So if I lived there and slashed tires every single day there is nothing they could do to remove me? I doubt it.
This is neither an HOA or management company but a police issue. The tapes if available will be released to the police.

Old 12-12-2023, 11:05 AM

22,343 posts, read 29,445,455 times
Get the police involved TODAY

Old 12-18-2023, 12:37 PM

386 posts, read 262,134 times
The fact that the security didn't call the police leads me to believe there is something else there, too. That guy isn't "having a bad" day and if he is doing this to your tenants, he is likely doing it to everyone in the complex.

Old 12-18-2023, 07:19 PM

1,473 posts, read 1,424,846 times
Too many trashy idiots in LV. I bought in Summerlin for 35k, sold 9 months later for 55k, and have never been back. I like Nevada, Reno a lot more than ON V, and the gambling is better on my TracFone.

Old 12-22-2023, 04:03 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,510,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svoboda View Post
The fact that the security didn't call the police leads me to believe there is something else there, too. That guy isn't "having a bad" day and if he is doing this to your tenants, he is likely doing it to everyone in the complex.
Exactly. “Having a bad day” would be getting upset and kicking the car door and regretting it afterwards. Pulling out a gun or knife and slashing someone’s tires in addition to threatening someone with a weapon is so far beyond just “having a bad day”.

Old 12-29-2023, 06:30 AM

743 posts, read 968,791 times
My house was robbed while I was away looking at properties outside the country (will make a post on that later). I think I’m done with Las Vegas and USA altogether. Very sad. The writing has been on the wall for a while. I don’t need anymore signs, but the smash and grab by “teens” in downtown Summerlin was another one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas