Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 10:58 AM

15 posts, read 35,025 times
I just wanted to say "thanks" to all the people who responded so "positively" to my original post. As for those negative ones, well I expected to recieve a few. My husband and I are moving to Vegas, don't know the exact time frame yet, but we will be positive about our move and find those positive people. :-)

Malia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2008, 02:26 PM

7 posts, read 26,045 times
You would think all of the locals would be happy to have you! With a 17%-20% for closure rate they need all the people they can get. We have been here for 2 months and some people are really nice and some....... well are annoying to say the least!

I hope you enjoy your move! We moved here in June and are glad we chose the Anthem Highlands area.

Although, what is with the drivers here??? We have the top ten highest insurance rates in the country and with the recent rate changes are probably in the top 3. Get a clue Vegas.... its not the weather that are driving your rates up.

Old 08-02-2008, 02:35 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
remember.....all of those drivers probably learned to drive somewhere else and are bring THEIR driving habits to Las Vegas.....

and the locals ARE glad to have you here [most of you] the ones we AREN"t glad to have are the ones that come here and then LOUDLY try to change HERE into what they just left......

[WELL in XXXX we did it THIS way and I don't know WHY we can't do that here.]

above all....[especially on this board] maintain your sense of humor.

Old 08-02-2008, 06:05 PM

15 posts, read 35,025 times
I think every city has those crazy drivers. I know when we first moved to NM we thought nobody knew how to drive here either. We still joke about it. :-)

Old 08-02-2008, 06:29 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,713,690 times
Ever drive in Metro PHX? Pretty darn close to the same as Las Vegas drivers.

Old 08-03-2008, 01:43 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
Speaking of fun drivers...coming home today on Allen, while passing the recreation center/park, there was a young woman in a green car, and the car kept going all over the place...it almost hit us twice, but we swerved out of the way just in time. i looked over and she was staring at the park, not looking where she was going. And she almost had a head on collision with a white SUV on the other side of the road, and it swerved out of the way and almost went up on the sidewalk.
Just another day in paradise. lol

Old 08-03-2008, 05:30 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,666,553 times
Another reason why insurance rates are so high and drivers are so bad is because booze is available 24 hours a day. At least people don't signal lane changes with a .45.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:48 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behmalia View Post
I think every city has those crazy drivers. I know when we first moved to NM we thought nobody knew how to drive here either. We still joke about it. :-)
I noticed that when I was on Vacation in NM once.....I didn;t know it was possible to be worse then LV

Old 08-03-2008, 11:26 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Speaking of fun drivers...coming home today on Allen, while passing the recreation center/park, there was a young woman in a green car, and the car kept going all over the place...it almost hit us twice, but we swerved out of the way just in time. i looked over and she was staring at the park, not looking where she was going. And she almost had a head on collision with a white SUV on the other side of the road, and it swerved out of the way and almost went up on the sidewalk.
Just another day in paradise. lol
Mrs Magoo?

Old 08-03-2008, 01:29 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,359,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
I noticed that when I was on Vacation in NM once.....I didn;t know it was possible to be worse then LV
NM drivers are in a class of craziness all by themselves. Lots of road rage, and many more drunks there than most places. I don't know if the law got changed, but when I lived there it was legal to drive while drinking alcoholic drinks. Politicians didn't want to change the law because, as one said, "My constituents like to unwind from a day at work with a drink while driving home." I think the stats say that that at least half of NM drivers are uninsured too.

They do have one law I like. If you flash your lights behind a car they have to let you pass even if you are speeding and they are driving the speed limit.

I'd also like to see a minimum speed limit law like they have in Utah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas