Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2008, 11:15 PM

157 posts, read 560,411 times

Advertisements

Have job offers in both Vegas and Dallas, Dallas is big and traffic but all cities have traffic. Vegas is full of foreclosures Dallas has few.

If any of you have lived in both places which is the best and why? Trying to decide where to move. No kids, involved.

Help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 06:07 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
Summerland.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:53 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,141,500 times
It depends what you want. Dallas is probably more stable. When I was in Vegas last time driving around with my friend and seeing all the strip clubs everywhere I asked if it gets old seeing these places everyday. He said that it did. Even though Im not a prude and neither is he, it really gets annoying after a while seeing billboards of women and passing clubs with a big Italian guy in a suit standing outside with his arms folded and smoking a cigar. So, I reccomend Dallas.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:58 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,998,514 times
anchorage

Old 09-03-2008, 12:01 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,688,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
It depends what you want. Dallas is probably more stable. When I was in Vegas last time driving around with my friend and seeing all the strip clubs everywhere I asked if it gets old seeing these places everyday. He said that it did. Even though Im not a prude and neither is he, it really gets annoying after a while seeing billboards of women and passing clubs with a big Italian guy in a suit standing outside with his arms folded and smoking a cigar. So, I reccomend Dallas.
if you dont like it, don't look at it, i drive down i-15 for school every other day, i don't even notice the same billboards anymore...

many cities have billboards like that, i saw them when i was in Philadelphia too...

Old 09-03-2008, 12:07 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,475,380 times
Pick Dallas...One of the country's Top Ten Recession Proof Cities....

http://www.terramonttx.com/Forbes-ci...ion-places.pdf

Las Vegas will still be here to visit when you want some excitement....

And oh, btw loose cannon...I dont' EVER see big Italian guys with cigars outside of Strip clubs.

Because I don't go near them and keep away from the areas where they're located.....

Old 09-03-2008, 01:04 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
Dallas is also livable. Actually Dallas is very similar in size and such to Las Vegas. The metro is much bigger but much is located outside of the immediate Dallas area.

Weather is worse. Summers are hot and very wet and very buggy. Winter get cold and can be bitter. Great ice storms in Dallas. Great climate six months of the year.

More house for the dollar. But the taxes are 3X Vegas. A 200K house will run over $6000 per annum.

I like Dallas. But I grew up in the borderline south. If you have not lived south or Texan be cautious. They are a breed apart.

Old 09-03-2008, 01:08 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
Last couple of months I have driven past an adult bookstore. That is it for the wild side. Note that I am an RE Agent and spend hours driving around showing houses. I can't even think of a risque billboard. There is one I guess you can see off in the distance on I15 the advertises totally nude.

Maybe you go to a different Las Vegas than the one we live in?

Old 09-03-2008, 01:17 PM

131 posts, read 533,479 times
Weather is better in Vegas. I lived there for a year and am from California and have been there 100's of times. Dalas sucks IMHO. The weather is just nasty in Dallas.

Depends on where you are now and what you want. Housing right now is cheap in Vegas. I am looking at relocating back there with my company.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas