Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 12:59 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,991,974 times

Advertisements

i heard that the abominable snowman lives at sigfried and roy's house
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 01:07 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,284,619 times
Add to the list those vegan zombies, breaking into people's home's and bakeries, going right for the bread..arms out, head lolling with their tongues hanging out as they yell out "GRAINNNNNSSSS."

Last edited by PinkString; 01-28-2009 at 01:07 AM.. Reason: .

Old 01-28-2009, 11:07 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,496,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
i heard that the abominable snowman lives at sigfried and roy's house
no...he lives next to me.

Old 01-28-2009, 03:11 PM

1,115 posts, read 3,133,954 times
I'm about to move out to Vegas with no money, no car and no job. Let the good times roll baby!

Some of us don't have the luxery of planning things out carefully and doing it the "right way". Some of us are in a little bit more crucial circustances. When it's go time, you just have to go.

Old 01-28-2009, 03:17 PM

good luck.. you are coming to the wrong place bud.

Old 01-28-2009, 03:56 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,496,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMonk View Post
I'm about to move out to Vegas with no money, no car and no job. Let the good times roll baby!

Some of us don't have the luxery of planning things out carefully and doing it the "right way". Some of us are in a little bit more crucial circustances. When it's go time, you just have to go.
...and when it's time to leave, you'll have to leave. But please don't blame the city for your troubles, as you do.

Old 01-28-2009, 04:30 PM

90 posts, read 316,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radraja View Post
Yes, PLEASE have a job before you move here.
Don't expect to show up and have jobs materialize before your eyes.
Wow, I can't imagine moving someplace (especially cross country) unless I already had a job lined up - unless I had family in Vegas and it was a family emergency or something - or if I were retired and had a cash flow. That just seems too risky. Isn't that how people end up living under bridges and such?

Old 01-28-2009, 04:34 PM

Thanks a lot for the words of encouragement people...... fabulous.

So, if i'm coming to the wrong place, where is the RIGHT place to go for someone in a situation such as mine? I sure don't see any good places out there. If I stay in the US, Vegas isn't much worse than any other place. Right now i'm in Colorado and this place is toast too.

Maybe some of you have never been in a rut before. But i've been there plenty of times before and I know how to hustle hard to survive if I need to. And from where i'm at right now it's all uphill.

Old 01-28-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca40 View Post
Wow, I can't imagine moving someplace (especially cross country) unless I already had a job lined up - unless I had family in Vegas and it was a family emergency or something - or if I were retired and had a cash flow. That just seems too risky. Isn't that how people end up living under bridges and such?
People don't just choose to move places with no job usually, they are usually just stuck in a corner and have to do it. My situation is that I moved to Colorado recently and can't find decent work here. The only job I could find won't even give me full time hours and it's not enough to survive. There is very little opportunity here it seems. So I need to make a move really soon, i've got no choice. I tried to build something up here, but it just isn't working.

So if I stay, i'm done, i'll get evicted and be screwed. If I go, maybe I can make something better happen. Besides, I like Vegas, and Colorado is just.....blah.

Old 01-28-2009, 04:44 PM

so you have nothing, where are you going to live, how are you going to eat.... you should have at least 6 months living expenses because you are not going to get a job overnight here.. i am looking myself and have found in vegas it is stages of interviews, even for minimum wage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas