Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2016, 09:14 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,117,601 times

Advertisements

Well, as if I didn't hate insurance laws enough, I just found out that I am getting screwed 6 ways from Sunday because of my last accident.
We got a lawyer that doesn't have signs everywhere with a decent rating and decent price. Apparently he didn't bother to check and make sure the other party that the woman hit didn't also make a claim. I asked him about it and he said he checked and didn't find anything.
We finished up our treatments (wife has permanent injuries but there's nothing they can do other than pain management)
and the lawyer sent off the demand. He told us that the bills exceeded the 30k the policy allowed, but had managed to get them cut down and we should expect 6k back. 6k would suffice. Cover the 3k I spent on the car and a little extra.
Well I was checking my email and found one from the lawyer. Apparently, the other party did open a claim against the 30k so the 30k gets cut to 15k. We not only get nothing, we will more than likely have to cover the difference out of pocket.
If it ends up being 9k as the math would suggest, I'm screwed. I don't have that much laying around and I was saving to put a down payment on a house. That will be wiped out and then some.

This pisses me off so badly. I'm just glad I had gap insurance and full coverage. The girl's insurance didn't even have enough limit to cover my car let alone the other car she hit. My insurance paid it off. Luckily it wasn't under water more than the gap insurance would cover. I hadn't put under-insured or medical on the car yet, so I screwed myself there.
Now I have so much coverage my insurance is almost as much as the car payment.

Old 06-12-2016, 02:39 AM

1,254 posts, read 1,059,003 times
EA, I am so sorry you are going through all that with your insurance. You seem like a decent guy that gets the shaft every time you try to get ahead. If memory serves me right, the car accident was not even your fault. I don't know how the other party would have a claim if they were at fault.

Old 06-12-2016, 05:46 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I think I saw a sign in an employee break room that said that minimum wage in the city of Oakland is $18.00 per hour.
Out of curiosity I googled oaklands minimum wage and it said $12.25

Old 06-12-2016, 12:20 PM
EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
EA, I am so sorry you are going through all that with your insurance. You seem like a decent guy that gets the shaft every time you try to get ahead. If memory serves me right, the car accident was not even your fault. I don't know how the other party would have a claim if they were at fault.

I was hit March 13 2015, got a small settlement in October. Bought a new car October 29 2015 with the settlement (down payment and registration) and it was hit on December 5th.
Both wrecks were 100% the other person's fault. Illegal left turns both times. The second time she pulled off a side street to cross DI and hit my car right in the rear quarter panel. It spun me around, and she hit the car behind me as well. She had no license and got arrested. Had 6 witnesses.

It just irks me to no end that you can limit the amount your insurance will pay if YOU hit someone. It should be unlimited. The only limits should be on your own car.

Old 06-15-2016, 04:14 PM
EA

Finally got a reply from the lawyer about restitution. Since the car was worth 15k and the insurance paid 15k he said I'm not entitled to anything because the insurance and registration doesn't count. So I'm out that 2,000 down payment. Still no word on the other claim.

Old 06-16-2016, 02:38 AM

23,222 posts, read 29,044,905 times
I'm so blasted tired of the wind, wind, wind this Spring and Summer, it never seems to end! I know the culprit, those storms that inch their way south from Alaska to BC to WA to OR to CA, and they get the rain, we get the wind.

Generally, these storms come to an end in April, but this year is a weird one, they just keep a-coming!

For those with respiratory problems, you either stay inside or go outside and wear a mask, to block the fine silica in the air!

Old 06-16-2016, 11:28 AM
EA

Even though the wind blows away my shielding gas and I have to weld with the door closed, I love the wind in the summer.
It keeps me cooler especially while working.

Old 06-17-2016, 03:30 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
I like the wind. Like it was yesterday. Blows all the crap out of the air, trees swaying in the breeze, hair getting messed up. Enjoy it now, because the temps are rising and soon it will feel like waves of heat slapping you silly. Yes, it's a dry heat, a 375 degree oven type of dry heat coming in the next few days of 110+.

Old 06-17-2016, 02:37 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,294,079 times
I hate wind. HATE it. Moving from the Midwest I am glad to say it is much less windy in this part of the country than there.

Now that I have my own pool, I REALLY hate it. I have to fish crap out of the water

Old 06-17-2016, 04:54 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I hate wind. HATE it. Moving from the Midwest I am glad to say it is much less windy in this part of the country than there.

Now that I have my own pool, I REALLY hate it. I have to fish crap out of the water
Hire a sexy pool guy to get the crap out of your pool. This way you have some eye candy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas