Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2016, 05:02 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,682,582 times

Advertisements

That's strange, but valid. I didn't post that comment, but because the Quote tag wasn't closed the system attributed it to me.

Old 09-04-2016, 05:28 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,113,556 times
My thinking is if I lived next to people that could afford it, I would have to be better off by proxy.

Old 09-04-2016, 11:21 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,861,555 times
There goes the neighborhood.

Old 09-06-2016, 04:49 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,024,595 times
Does anyone know what specific kind of tile is at Boulder Station/the Klondike(around the bar)/or the Smith's on Flamingo and Sandhill? It looks like wood but it is non-slip and textured. I have found a lot of smooth tile but that's not so good for older dogs.

Thanks!

Old 09-06-2016, 06:45 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,338,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Does anyone know what specific kind of tile is at Boulder Station/the Klondike(around the bar)/or the Smith's on Flamingo and Sandhill? It looks like wood but it is non-slip and textured. I have found a lot of smooth tile but that's not so good for older dogs.

Thanks!
Check out Loews and Home Depot. Lots of choices. Comes in planks and square tiles. Some are quite textured. Google faux wood ceramic tile for a look. My Cardiologist used it throughout his office 6 or 7 years ago and it has held up well.

We put down limestone ten years ago. Very pet friendly and holds up well but takes more expensive maintenance than ceramic.

Old 09-09-2016, 09:28 AM

799 posts, read 708,047 times
Quote:

Thanks!
Something you may want to be aware of, and it may not be "every" one of these. We had this put in our game room because we wanted the look of wood, without the wear, scratches, etc, thinking tile would be awesome. We used the plank style so it looks very nice, at least in our eyes. The one problem is that it chips, if say a dart kicks back, and lands directly on it. And the color layer is pretty thin, so you end up with a white spot on the floor. With a quick touch of a brown sharpie, it's hidden, but it's annoying to already mess up brand new flooring! We ended up spending another $150 to find some matting that was thick enough to keep the darts from penetrating and protect the floor. I don't think dogs running on it would do this, but if you're putting it in an area with the potential of impact, especially by something as light as 18 grams with a point on it, you may want to test a sample for this.

We probably would have still used it, but probably would have skipped the dart board..

Old 09-09-2016, 02:24 PM

Quote:

Thanks!
I suggest going to Arizona Tile to take a look and ask questions regardless where you buy. Their staff are quite knowledgeable and helpful. I think they could identify what you want. Free samples, too, so you could take it back & look at them while in your home.

https://www.arizonatile.com/en/locations/las-vegas

Another place that is extremely knoweldgeable and helpful is Walker Zanger. http://www.walkerzanger.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachhead View Post
Something you may want to be aware of, and it may not be "every" one of these. We had this put in our game room because we wanted the look of wood, without the wear, scratches, etc, thinking tile would be awesome. We used the plank style so it looks very nice, at least in our eyes. The one problem is that it chips, if say a dart kicks back, and lands directly on it. And the color layer is pretty thin, so you end up with a white spot on the floor. With a quick touch of a brown sharpie, it's hidden, but it's annoying to already mess up brand new flooring! We ended up spending another $150 to find some matting that was thick enough to keep the darts from penetrating and protect the floor. I don't think dogs running on it would do this, but if you're putting it in an area with the potential of impact, especially by something as light as 18 grams with a point on it, you may want to test a sample for this.

We probably would have still used it, but probably would have skipped the dart board..
I wonder if your tile is a "ceramic tile" or a true "porcelain tile." Porcelain tile, in general, is much more durable than ceramic tile and would not incur the types of wear & tear you describe.

Porcelain Tile is rated by the Porcelain Tile Institute (PEI) on a scale of 1 (only suitable for backsplash) to 5 (suitable for an industrial floor).

Another consideration is suitability in a wet environment (in a shower or by a swimming pool). Some tile has decorative metallic content that will discolor when exposed repeatedly to water or to swimming pool chemicals.

Last edited by SportyandMisty; 09-09-2016 at 02:32 PM..

Old 09-10-2016, 06:47 AM

799 posts, read 708,047 times
It was sold to us as porcelain tile, but that doesn't mean we didn't get a batch that wasn't fired properly. It's really a small problem, but we were a bit disappointed.

Old 09-10-2016, 12:34 PM

Amazing Matt King's Rope Trick, recently published on youtube. He is among the best!

https://youtu.be/xmI9uwYzH9o

Old 09-10-2016, 04:19 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,338,167 times
Here sis a really interesting house up the hill in Henderson...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd0l...ature=youtu.be
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas