Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2010, 12:07 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Kenny was a good man.....He'll be missed
If I recall, he was one of these surprsing Republicans who reigned over one of the biggest tax increases in Nevada's history.

Old 07-23-2010, 12:15 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,592,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I got the job everybody!
Congrats!

Old 07-23-2010, 12:50 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
I want to sell my old guitar that i know i will never use again. But it's probably not the type you are looking for. Mines an old acoustic.

Old 07-23-2010, 01:03 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,662,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I got the job everybody!
Allow me to add my voice to the chorus of congratulations on your new job, Davie. LVD congratulates you as well, and asks if it's a full time job. Do you carry just ice cream in your shop, or do you have sorbet as well? BTW, did you ever call Everything Medical?

Old 07-23-2010, 01:09 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,488,320 times
No LVD around anymore...humm. Any puppy news aqualung?

And congrats, DavieJ89! Got get 'em.

My wife and I encourage our son to go to school and learn to become a
vet tech, as we're all so enamored with animals. He just doesn't seem to
have the "drive" to go get edumacated.

It is a pain in the butt ta go ta school, yet, that it the way to a career
and not just a job. And lots of "career jobs" have total jerks working in
them, too, that have power. We just discovered that in the small SE
Arizona town that sprung forth the singing cowby, Rex Allen. A CEO came
from Colorado with intentions of turning the whole place upside down and
operating it with money being the primary object, forget about patient
care. That doesn't matter. He will put in the little newspaper that he cares
about the local's collective health, but he'll can good employees in a teat of
a heatbeat ta save money. Loyal, good people, with mortgages to pay and
animals and lives built. He's a moron.

I am so disappointed in people and how they feel they can jack other people
around. Dorks and morons. People are too important to be treated with such
disrespect.

As Patterson Hole of The Drive-By Truckers says from the 'Blessing and a Curse'
album "It's gonna be a world of hurt, gonna be a world of hurt, going to be a world
of hurt...going to be a world of hurt."

There are a lot of mean, nasty people out there who care only about theirselves and
their growing pool of money. Sort of like Billy Zane in the Titanic movie. You all know
what I mean?

I will openly tell them and those like them that the most read book in the history of
mankind, the Bible, tells it's readers that those people and all those like them are having
their reward in full right now, on the earth. There will be nothing later on for them.

This is the best way I can reconcile my feelings about this issue. I have to know and
have faith in these promises or this life would seem so futile and...full of despair.

Sort of like looking in to the mirror and seeing Dennis Rodman's face, or Babwa Wa-Wa'
s face if you're a woman. Sheesh. When is Barbara Walters going to retire? Barbara, give
some pretty young journalist your chair, you're no longer young and you're so New Yorkish
and you talk very, very strange. Go play golf and go boating and take pictures of whales jumping
outta the water, lady. We've all been tormented by your high and mighty power play for long
enough.

Last edited by elkotronics; 07-23-2010 at 01:21 AM..

Old 07-23-2010, 01:51 AM

3,683 posts, read 9,857,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Too bad he died so young. Only 73.
According to Chris Rock, at 72 you're so old that anything you die of is "natural causes". Like if you get hit by a bus, it's natural causes, because if you were younger, you'd be faster and would have gotten out of the way.

Old 07-23-2010, 02:22 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediocreButArrogant View Post
According to Chris Rock, at 72 you're so old that anything you die of is "natural causes". Like if you get hit by a bus, it's natural causes, because if you were younger, you'd be faster and would have gotten out of the way.
I bet Chris Rock will be singing another tune when he gets to be 72 and realizes, "Hey, i'm not old yet. What was I thinking?"
I think it should be more like "at 102 you're so old that anything you die of is "natural causes."
I know a lady that is just 90 and she still drives, can still walk and talk and lives alone and takes care of herself. And her dog and cats. And she is still working. So I think if someone thinks they are old, then maybe they are in their mind. But other's that are older think they are young and so they are.

Old 07-23-2010, 05:05 AM

208 posts, read 350,236 times
Quote:
I bet Chris Rock will be singing another tune when he gets to be 72 and realizes, "Hey, i'm not old yet. What was I thinking?"
I think it should be more like "at 102 you're so old that anything you die of is "natural causes."
I know a lady that is just 90 and she still drives, can still walk and talk and lives alone and takes care of herself. And her dog and cats. And she is still working. So I think if someone thinks they are old, then maybe they are in their mind. But other's that are older think they are young and so they are.
I think you're 100% right pinkstring. As health care improves and (probably more importantly) people start putting more time and effort into their health, we'll continue to make huge strides in living longer and maintaining a high quality of life. I work out at gym every morning and there are 7-8 people in their 90's that go every day. They all live in their own homes,or sr apartment complexes...but they're amazing. Its a huge motivator to see a 92yr old hop on a treadmill and/or swim laps... A 79yr old man finished the IronMan in Kona this year...It really is amazing when you realize what some of these older people are doing today compared to just 30-40 yrs ago. You're only as old as you feel.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:52 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
Well, LVD has gone and done it. He's opened his mouth very wide, inserted both feet, and chewed extremely vigorously.

Yes, he's gone and got himself banned.

He was over in the Unemployed Forum, and called some person "clueless". That earned him a two point infraction, and a three day suspension. He then got into a fight with the moderator over there, and told him (I assume) to eff off. Needless to say that earned him a ten point infraction, and he's now banned from the board.

If anyone would like to pass on any messages, let me know, and I'll make sure that he gets them.

Oy, vey...
I am not banned, but I was suspended for a while. I have cleared up everything with the moderator, and will stay out of the unemployment section from now on.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:58 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
I thought Kenny Guinn was a pretty good Governor, despite wanting to raise taxes.
Too bad he died so young. Only 73.
I don't know why people think heart attacks are normal for people to have.
I have never heard anyone think 73 is young. I looked up the average lifespan, and it is 72 for men and 78 for women so he did not die too young. Looking back at my family, my mom died at 52 of cancer, my dad at 47 of a massive heart attack, my grandma at 70, the other at 72, my grandpa at 69. My grandpa who just died made it to 92, but that was an abnormality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas