Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2009, 06:12 PM

63 posts, read 86,776 times

Advertisements

Ok guys after sweating it out I realized the best solution for me is to put forth the $ and just rent on the strip.

Yes it costs a lot, but for the location, safety, and
"niceness" factor, it'll have to be my only choice.

Other places are either close to the strip but not safe. Kind of close to the strip but not that nice like a high rise. Or nice and safe but very far from the strip.

With that being said I'm looking at Trump again. When I looked at it before it was very expensive so im hoping prices have come down.

Does anyone know any ballpark prices for Trump per month rent?

Thanks

Old 03-27-2009, 11:49 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,946,467 times
You can go to their website and look it up or call them for more accurate rates.

Good luck

Old 03-28-2009, 12:02 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisissam View Post
Ok guys after sweating it out I realized the best solution for me is to put forth the $ and just rent on the strip.

Yes it costs a lot, but for the location, safety, and
"niceness" factor, it'll have to be my only choice.

Other places are either close to the strip but not safe. Kind of close to the strip but not that nice like a high rise. Or nice and safe but very far from the strip.

With that being said I'm looking at Trump again. When I looked at it before it was very expensive so im hoping prices have come down.

Does anyone know any ballpark prices for Trump per month rent?

Thanks

I don't think you can rent in Trump. Organized as a hotel. You can stay there but on a hotel not long term lease.

I have not done a hard look so back check me. But normally you can't lease these places.

Sky or Panorama or Turnberry may work.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:19 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,201,108 times
Not sure, but seems like it would be astronomical.

Seems like an expensive hotel would be a cheaper option.

Would Trump even 'rent' apartments? I always assumted it was just the wealthiest of the wealthy who buy in as a condo. I also assumed they had long waiting lists, and very competitive...or am I wrong about that?

Old 03-31-2009, 03:05 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times
i wonder if sam owns a lexus

Old 03-31-2009, 06:47 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Not sure, but seems like it would be astronomical.

Seems like an expensive hotel would be a cheaper option.

Would Trump even 'rent' apartments? I always assumted it was just the wealthiest of the wealthy who buy in as a condo. I also assumed they had long waiting lists, and very competitive...or am I wrong about that?
Wrong about that. Most of Trump Tower 1 failed to sell and is still owned by the operating company. According to Ruffin, a major partner, the place is making its payments but just. The rooms are being retailed for around $100 but are apparently being wholesaled as strip surge space for $50.

Condo hotel appears to be a phenom whose time has come....and gone. The MGM Signature are also a disaster. These things cost upwards of $300 psf to build and sold a good bit above that. They are now dropping below $200. Note they have very highly HOA fees.

All in all high rise condos appear to have "disaster" written all over them. Should be very interesting to see how it works out.

Old 03-31-2009, 07:20 PM

2 posts, read 4,070 times
You might look at Allure or Sky.

I read poker forums, and there has been a fair amount of discussion about hi-rise condo rentals on the Strip, espcially with the WSOP coming up. 1-BRs can be found for $1200-$1300; think I saw $1100 for one of the Sky units.

The leasing site mentioned most often is luxuryinlasvegas.com. Hesitant to post a link, as I am not sure of the policy here, but you can check it out to see what is available. (Believe one of their leasing agents knows some of the poker pros, hence the connection.)

Old 03-31-2009, 07:22 PM

482 posts, read 1,372,062 times
Even a million dollar condo for 200K might not be that great if the HOA is unstable and the fees could be 2000 per month.

Old 03-31-2009, 07:33 PM

2 posts, read 4,070 times
Well, OP appears to be interested in renting. HOA fees won't be an issue.

Buying would definitely be a slippery slope, but rental rates seem pretty decent right now for someone wanting to be on the Strip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas