Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2009, 07:37 AM

49 posts, read 123,715 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I have done a few searches to answer my questions on my own, but I still have some that are unanswered & was hoping for some input...

Our family will be moving to LV this august. We'll be in Anthem Country Club & our kids will be attending Lamping Elem. & Dell Webb Middle School.

I am looking for thoughts on ACC & the schools as well as some references for doctors (pediatricians) that specialize in ADHD. I'm trying to make some connections now & line things up so that I am not scrambling when I get there.

Thanks for any help/feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 12:43 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,688,069 times
Are you willing to drive through lots of traffic on Eastern Avenue or to drive really far to get to a mall or good shopping?

Are you willing to deal with 1 of 2 entrances/exits to Anthem having a school zone?

Otherwise, the country club is really nice on the inside, I have heard the HOA dues are extremely high, but the amenities are great!

Old 05-18-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvkewlkid View Post
Are you willing to drive through lots of traffic on Eastern Avenue or to drive really far to get to a mall or good shopping?

Are you willing to deal with 1 of 2 entrances/exits to Anthem having a school zone?

Otherwise, the country club is really nice on the inside, I have heard the HOA dues are extremely high, but the amenities are great!

Actually, yes I am. Those are the things that I like about it, LOL! I have been there & like the fact that it is further out than most developments, only having 1-2 entrances that are guard gated is very appealing to me (easier to control who is coming/going), & compared to where I live now, the shopping that is available close by is fine. I also have 4 kids - don't have time to do much recreational shopping!

We are renting & our lease includes the HOA fees.

Can you give me anything else?

Old 05-18-2009, 03:40 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,688,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by medc11 View Post
Actually, yes I am. Those are the things that I like about it, LOL! I have been there & like the fact that it is further out than most developments, only having 1-2 entrances that are guard gated is very appealing to me (easier to control who is coming/going), & compared to where I live now, the shopping that is available close by is fine. I also have 4 kids - don't have time to do much recreational shopping!

We are renting & our lease includes the HOA fees.

Can you give me anything else?
Well, the pool club is beautiful and so is the water features in the neighborhood...I'm sure you'll like it there as it sounds good for what you need!

I'm not familiar with Del Webb, but I did go to Lamping many years back and I'd have to say that 2 out of the 4 years I was there, I had great teachers, the other 2 years that I was there, the teachers weren't as good, but I don't believe those 2 are there anymore...I'd say the school is above average for the district as it does have that nice observatory!
I forgot to say Welcome to the Board! Hopefully some other members will chime in with some information...

Old 05-18-2009, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvkewlkid View Post
Well, the pool club is beautiful and so is the water features in the neighborhood...I'm sure you'll like it there as it sounds good for what you need!

I'm not familiar with Del Webb, but I did go to Lamping many years back and I'd have to say that 2 out of the 4 years I was there, I had great teachers, the other 2 years that I was there, the teachers weren't as good, but I don't believe those 2 are there anymore...I'd say the school is above average for the district as it does have that nice observatory!
I forgot to say Welcome to the Board! Hopefully some other members will chime in with some information...
Thank you for your information & for the welcome! I'm sure I will be back with more questions as we get closer to our move.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:09 PM

77 posts, read 340,906 times
You'll be really happy with Lamping, Webb and even Coronado if you are still there years down the road. We are really happy with Dr.'s Carrie and Jim at Siena Pediatrics, and I also highly recommend Dr. Dennis Moore for special needs kids. I think Moore might be with Dr. Conti at Foothill Peditarics. Dr. Moore has a special needs child himself and has the best bedside manner in town.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:28 PM

2,502 posts, read 8,921,814 times
I adore the Anthem area. And really, it's not inconvenient at all - everything you'll need is just a few minutes up the road (Eastern south of the 215 seriously has everything....lots of restaurants, lots of shops, banks, salons, places to work out, etc.).

The traffic can get ugly, but it's not TOO terrible.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:35 PM

3,332 posts, read 1,963,864 times
Default agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by radraja View Post
I adore the Anthem area. And really, it's not inconvenient at all - everything you'll need is just a few minutes up the road (Eastern south of the 215 seriously has everything....lots of restaurants, lots of shops, banks, salons, places to work out, etc.).

The traffic can get ugly, but it's not TOO terrible.
We plan to stay here and buy. Looked into other areas and all things considered, this is the no-brainer.

Old 11-05-2010, 02:37 PM

7 posts, read 18,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
We plan to stay here and buy. Looked into other areas and all things considered, this is the no-brainer.
I just now saw this post...and couldnt agree more to the fact that it is a above the average school here and great shopping and the pediatricain recomended...great! As far as any need for an eye doctor...Dr. David Smith is absolutely the best! If interessted in a terrific church? Let me just say..."Central" is by far (in my opinion) the most wonderful church ever and they have a great childrens area as well. Many different service times to choose from, I can guarantee if you go one time....you will now exactly what I mean. However, I did just notice the date on this post...sorry about being so late with the response...like I said, I just now saw it...but, I do hope you have settled in and enjoy your new home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas