Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 12:10 PM

2 posts, read 14,960 times

Advertisements

I am looking into buying a home @ Mountain's Edge; however, I heard that the planned parks might not be built after all. Does anybody have any info on that, will the reagional park be cancelled to? At the cafe they said everything will be build as planned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 12:36 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,982,887 times
why mountain's edge, that is the riskiest place in the valley to buy

Old 07-01-2009, 01:01 PM

2 posts, read 14,960 times
What area do you recomend?

Old 07-01-2009, 03:25 PM

1,631 posts, read 3,950,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000 View Post
I am looking into buying a home @ Mountain's Edge; however, I heard that the planned parks might not be built after all. Does anybody have any info on that, will the reagional park be cancelled to? At the cafe they said everything will be build as planned.
On the local news last night they said there was going to be a meeting with home owners with the developer as to the new plans to scale back on the parks.

The HOA's are going up as well due to all the foreclosures in there, the main developer filed for bankruptcy he is also the developer of Inspirada and Providence.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:18 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,683,662 times
Quote:
A lot of things planned in most master planned do not get built as planned...

Seven Hills is known for this, lots of shopping was planned in the community and never got built, same with some trails as well...

Old 07-01-2009, 08:09 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,190,159 times
Quote:
What area do you recomend?
Places that are substantially complete. Wihin Mountain's Edge there are areas that are pretty well complete. If it ain't done you have no way of knowing what will happen and the master plan is actually very flexible. And the property next to you may end up outside the master plan.

So if it is there and reasonably complete go for it. If there are still major things to come presume they won't and then make your decision.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:57 PM

2 posts, read 8,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
why mountain's edge, that is the riskiest place in the valley to buy

I got intrigued by this, why is Mountain's edge risky? Are there any people who currently live at Mountain's Edge that can give some input?
Thanks in advance, I've also been looking at that area!

Old 07-06-2009, 11:41 AM

10 posts, read 35,396 times
Talking Mts. Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloha23 View Post
I got intrigued by this, why is Mountain's edge risky? Are there any people who currently live at Mountain's Edge that can give some input?
Thanks in advance, I've also been looking at that area!

I live at Mts. Edge. I'm not sure what's risky about it? Our house is upside down, but who's isn't? We are there to live, not make a buck in a year or two so who cares right now anyway. It's nice and quiet, shopping is coming along and the freeway is just far enough away that we have good access but not a cluster fu*#. I am a bit pissed about the park thing. I was very happy to see a turn out of 300 plus people at the town board, in addition to even more at the meeting at Sierra Vista HS to review the designs. I really got the feeling that choosing to live at Mts.Edge was a good move after seeing all those motivated homeowners/parents/neighbors turn out in full force! It feels like a community, I'm stoked about it! I would hope that Focus Group pulls it together if they or any subsidiary of thiers ever hope to have so much as speed bump approved in this town again!

Old 07-06-2009, 11:45 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,982,887 times
its risky because of the amount of the foreclosures... if few people are living there, than the hoa fees will skyrocket, there is no other choice... but then again.. where else can you get a 750k house for 350...

Old 10-26-2009, 02:47 PM

1 posts, read 6,876 times
i like my house at erie in nice and quiet away from all the noises and etc, the views of the mountains are awesome, I like it here personally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas