Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 10:12 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,140,204 times

Advertisements

You do know that such work requires you to work outside in the middle of the summer? It is not going to be comfortable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2012, 12:29 PM

15,868 posts, read 14,487,406 times
^
I agree. But it's the one profession in Vegas that probably guarantees employment right now.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:32 PM

1,009 posts, read 4,039,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
one profession in Vegas that probably guarantees employment
At least for those who want to work . . 2009 article.

Old 04-12-2012, 03:08 PM

15,868 posts, read 14,487,406 times
Since you'd know, what's the market for AC/refrigeration guys out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Doctor View Post
CSN by far I the best school, I own an hvac business and I've hired people from most all schools. People from school generally do t know crap. CSN being the exeption, in my opinion that's the only real hvac school. Spending your money elsewhere is a complete waste.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:15 PM

499 posts, read 1,059,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger08 View Post
In the case of these two schools, accredited doesnt mean anything. The course at CSN is longer and more thorough. I know quite a few old time a/c contractors in Vegas and they will all tell you the same, CSN.
I don't know how old the "old time a/c contractors" have been around but I know that ATI has only been here 10yrs or so. I'm pretty sure when CSN started their HVAC program many moons ago, it was the only credible HVAC school available here southern Nevada. Now there are two options for students who want to get into the HVAC/CR career.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:41 PM

499 posts, read 1,059,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Doctor View Post
CSN by far I the best school, I own an hvac business and I've hired people from most all schools. People from school generally do t know crap. CSN being the exeption, in my opinion that's the only real hvac school. Spending your money elsewhere is a complete waste.
I agree with you, majority of graduating students are lacking in experience and practical knowledge and some just still don't get it. But to say CSN is the only real HVAC school is sooooo misleading. The are several schools offering different programs from CSN, ATI, Quality, NTI, etc.... From just the basic pass the EPA certification test course to advanced troubleshooting on air handlers/split systems, package units, or commercial refrigeration systems. As an employer, you should be familiar with all the schools programs and hire appropriately to the skill set you require for your business.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger08 View Post
In the case of these two schools, accredited doesnt mean anything. The course at CSN is longer and more thorough. I know quite a few old time a/c contractors in Vegas and they will all tell you the same, CSN.
Both schools are accredited. When you say CSN is longer, that's true, but that's also because junior colleges have a lot of general ed courses. To get a fair comparison, you need to look at how many hours of HVAC study you get at the two programs.

To the original poster of this thread, the career is good but education is what YOU make of it! CSN is probably better for some people and ATI is more than likely better for others. Air Doctor is one employer of many and is entitled to his opinion, but if I were you, I'd check out both programs and decide for yourself. Best of luck!

Old 02-15-2014, 12:52 PM

2 posts, read 2,492 times
Default HVAC internship

Hi, I live in North Las Vegas. I am planning to attend an HVAC school, but I need to practice the basics in a company. Can I find an intern position to practice. I need your help.

Old 02-15-2014, 05:14 PM

2 posts, read 2,492 times
Default Hvac

Hello

Old 02-15-2014, 05:18 PM

2,853 posts, read 4,524,100 times
can't hurt to try the local hvac union Welcome to Local 525
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas