Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 01:46 PM

932 posts, read 2,348,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
^
Um, no.

The pancakes were too much like desert for breakfast.
Does that mean you found sand in them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 01:57 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
My DH works at the Grand Lux in the Venetian. He tried out Hash House A Go Go awhile back. He said it was good enough but that he felt his restaurant had better eggs Benedict and corned beef hash, but then again, he's prejudiced.

Old 09-20-2012, 02:01 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,294,079 times

Old 09-20-2012, 02:04 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,294,079 times
I like the menu item Listed under Indiana Favorites: O'Hare of the Dog

Old 09-20-2012, 05:15 PM

553 posts, read 1,208,752 times
HHGG is one of my favorite places in LV for breakfast. I go to the one on Sahara. As noted above, food is well prepared and portions are enormous. The pro tip here is to order one entree and split it. HGG charges a fee for split plates, but if you order a side dish with the entree, no split plate charge is applied.

If you are going for breakfast on the weekend, get to Sahara before about 9 am or be prepared for a long wait. ALso, if you are going for lunch take note of their hours. I think they are closed from about 2-5 pm.

Old 09-20-2012, 05:26 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,939,252 times
Have never heard of this place..BUT sounds like something we will go to next time we are in Las Vegas....

Old 09-20-2012, 08:19 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,282,333 times
I have to give the waitstaff credit for working at Hash House. Their plates, when filled, are some of the heaviest you will ever lift.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:15 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
Not a fan. Just not up to say the Cracked Egg or the Hawaiian joint on Buffalo at Smoke Ranch.

Big portions, long waits and high prices.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:26 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Not a fan. Just not up to say the Cracked Egg or the Hawaiian joint on Buffalo at Smoke Ranch.

Big portions, long waits and high prices.
Is that Babystacks you are referring to on Buffalo? It's tough to get a table in there. That's usually a good sign. I've eaten there once or twice. I liked it.

I like The Cracked Egg too, except for their salsa, which I think the Taylor Scramble cries out for. Salsa should NOT be served warm (shudder). I left them a comment card about that. Maybe they will listen.

Even though the husband is prejudiced towards the GL, I think he might be right. Emeril Lagasse comes to the Grand Lux on a regular basis for breakfast. If it's good enough for Emeril, it's good enough for me.

The DH didn't say Hash House's food was bad. He said it was " Pretty good, but not excellent". Sometimes "Pretty good" is good enough, especially if you are mainly looking for the experience.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:33 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Is that Babystacks you are referring to on Buffalo? It's tough to get a table in there. That's usually a good sign. I've eaten there once or twice. I liked it.

I like The Cracked Egg too, except for their salsa, which I think the Taylor Scramble cries out for. Salsa should NOT be served warm (shudder). I left them a comment card about that. Maybe they will listen.

Even though the husband is prejudiced towards the GL, I think he might be right. Emeril Lagasse comes to the Grand Lux on a regular basis for breakfast. If it's good enough for Emeril, it's good enough for me.

The DH didn't say Hash House's food was bad. He said it was " Pretty good, but not excellent". Sometimes "Pretty good" is good enough, especially if you are mainly looking for the experience.
If you are hitting the one on Cheyenne talk to the manager. He is hard core Hispanic.

If the one off Ann...the boss is often there. A nice looking women named Susan. She will take your input and give you an argument if she does not agree. She is really into the Cracked Egg and its food. Taylor is her grand daughter. The manager is her SIL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas