Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 04:54 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times

Advertisements

Between 10 and 14 million there are six offerings. Go see them in a morning.

Between 5 and 10 million There are about 30...though actually 24 are packed in just 6 complexes. So you can see them all in two days and then decide if you wish to go any further down market.

So in less than a week you can sort out the available ones.

You can also build. But then you should probably buy a house to live in while yours is built. So pick up a nice one at the lower end and go for it.

There are lots of nice places to pick up a couple of acres and do your thing. Obviously in the foothills or pull a Wynn and assemble a few acres along Alta or behind Rancho.

The nicest houses I have seen at the high end in recent years have been in the Ridges though there are some wonderous homes hidden in odd places. Tomiyasu or the 4th and 10th section for instance.

And then there are the penthouses...The truly elegant ones at One Queensridge. Above 13 million...but they been for sale a long time. Maybe a "red light special" at 13 million.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 12:39 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,019,975 times
Isn't Wayne Newton's house for sale?

I'd have to at least LOOK at that one. A house and a piece of history!

Old 05-10-2010, 05:28 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,718,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post

And Michael Jackson's Neverland Home in Las Vegas too! Although, I think they want 16.5 Mil for it, but maybe in this economy they'll settle for less.

Last edited by ITChick; 05-10-2010 at 05:36 PM..

Old 05-10-2010, 05:35 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,470,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITChick View Post
And Michael Jackson's Neverland Home in Las Vegas too! I think they want 16.5 Mil for it.
Uhhhh..helloooo! Neverland Ranch is in California

Old 05-10-2010, 05:46 PM

1,376 posts, read 3,081,484 times
Wasnt he just eyeing the Primm compound, but lived over by Rancho Cir?

Old 05-10-2010, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firm View Post
Spanish Trails, Macdonald Higlands, Anthem, Southern Highlands (Royal Highlands), The Ridges, Red Rock Country Club, Seven Hills, Queensridge, Eagle Hills, TPC (Tournament Hills), Roma Hills, Lake Las Vegas or ???

So if YOU had the budget...

Which Vegas luxury neighborhood/master-planned community would you live & Why?

Just curious,
Firm
One of the Queensride Towers Penhouses, most definately. I saw one of those penthouses...oh boy, there is no question where I'd want to live if I had such a budget.

Or...I'd keep a smallish condo-apt here in LV (cause I love it so much) and buy a nice spread in Hawaii and spend my time between the two.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:28 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,311,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post

His house was on HGTV two summers ago. The property looked great (minus the animals), but the house was just Vegas Overkill. The HGTV show redid his guest house, which hadn't been touched since the seventies (!) and was such a dump, I would have been ashamed to let people see it, if it were mine.

Old 05-11-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
Uhhhh..helloooo! Neverland Ranch is in California
No! I'm talking about Michael Jackson's Property in Las Vegas!!!!

7000 Tomiyasu Lane, Las Vegas, NV, 89120 - MLS #940199 - Single Family Home real estate - REALTOR.com®

And sometimes it's called "Neverland" or "Wonderland".

Old 05-11-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITChick View Post
No! I'm talking about Michael Jackson's Property in Las Vegas!!!!

7000 Tomiyasu Lane, Las Vegas, NV, 89120 - MLS #940199 - Single Family Home real estate - REALTOR.com®

And sometimes it's called "Neverland" or "Wonderland".
The listing agents are the only ones calling it that and obviously using the Michael Jackson name to try and market the house. It is really called The Primm Compound, home to Gary and Carol Primm.

MJ had wanted to present an offer on the home, but never did if I recall (and then he died), so I don't even think he ever owned it, just was interested in it. If he did own it (which I doubt) it wasn't for long.

Probably one of the most luxurious homes in Las Vegas, outside of Steve Wynn's place up in North Las Vegas...or the Sultans's spread in Spanish Trail, lol.

Just found this article from The Las Vegas Sun from last year...dated after Michael passed away...

http://www.lasvegassun.com/photos/ga...rimm-compound/

Man, what a house!!!

Last edited by MomMom; 05-11-2010 at 05:58 PM.. Reason: added the link to the Las Vegas Sun article

Old 05-11-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
The listing agents are the only ones calling it that and obviously using the Michael Jackson name to try and market the house. It is really called The Primm Compound, home to Gary and Carol Primm
Wow, they sure had me fooled! Good thing I don't have $16.5K lying around.

Thanks for cluing me in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas