Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 02:23 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needhelpf1f2 View Post
Hello,

I have been admitted to University of South Florida, for my Phd, I have received a sponsorship from my employer myself, my husband and my child( she is currently 5 months infant), I have also received I - 20's for all the three of us with my sponsorship. Please do let me, what could be my chances of getting our F1 and F2 visas?

1. My sister is currently in same part of Florida doing her OPT
USF has a special department on campus where they give free advice. That will be your best chance to learn more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2018, 05:25 AM

90 posts, read 55,615 times
Go to VisaJourney. You will get much more comprehensive and understanding responses.

wow-gotta love Americans whom have no idea what this is like. Everyone tells the truth. Telling the truth in the way the IO decides to hear it is always the question. Answering that someone is going to lie when asking the best things to tell is completely ignorant. These things are nerve wracking enough as it is but do please assume you know what anyone whom is married and wanting to be together is this country is like.

So tired of snarky comments that help no one and just make it more difficult for many people whom have no intention of lying but understand way more then you do how any little way of saying something could affect their life. They just want to be prepared for crying out loud. Really.

My husband and I were together in his country for years before coming back to this country. I am a USC, hubby European. Two kids also living with us abroad. Had years together, joint assets and properties and believe me, did not want to leave Europe but our kids wanted to come back for College years. Eighteen months of this process and got a cranky IO (yep-that's really all it takes, whether you believe it or not). 8 years of photos, etc and the required 100k plus liquidable assets but the immigration officer was stuck on my divorce from 15 years prior. Almost didn't approve it but my husband showed documentation of abuse I just love sharing with these people and the reason for the divorce while the IO in the next partition easily approved a much more dubious and questionable visa in Naples. Luckily the computers went down at that moment and the supervisor came over asking about her pc when my husband caught him and showed the documentation which the supervisor was very easy in saying ok, no problem and approved. Believe it or not-it's the truth. Not to mention my husband is a very nervous person and knows English but loses a lot when in stressful situations.

Please stop and become more informed before helping with the immense problem we have here for immigrants by randomly putting people down.

Old 06-18-2018, 01:10 PM

24,569 posts, read 10,869,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl_trekkies View Post
Go to VisaJourney. You will get much more comprehensive and understanding responses.

wow-gotta love Americans whom have no idea what this is like. Everyone tells the truth. Telling the truth in the way the IO decides to hear it is always the question. Answering that someone is going to lie when asking the best things to tell is completely ignorant. These things are nerve wracking enough as it is but do please assume you know what anyone whom is married and wanting to be together is this country is like.

So tired of snarky comments that help no one and just make it more difficult for many people whom have no intention of lying but understand way more then you do how any little way of saying something could affect their life. They just want to be prepared for crying out loud. Really.

My husband and I were together in his country for years before coming back to this country. I am a USC, hubby European. Two kids also living with us abroad. Had years together, joint assets and properties and believe me, did not want to leave Europe but our kids wanted to come back for College years. Eighteen months of this process and got a cranky IO (yep-that's really all it takes, whether you believe it or not). 8 years of photos, etc and the required 100k plus liquidable assets but the immigration officer was stuck on my divorce from 15 years prior. Almost didn't approve it but my husband showed documentation of abuse I just love sharing with these people and the reason for the divorce while the IO in the next partition easily approved a much more dubious and questionable visa in Naples. Luckily the computers went down at that moment and the supervisor came over asking about her pc when my husband caught him and showed the documentation which the supervisor was very easy in saying ok, no problem and approved. Believe it or not-it's the truth. Not to mention my husband is a very nervous person and knows English but loses a lot when in stressful situations.

Please stop and become more informed before helping with the immense problem we have here for immigrants by randomly putting people down.
There are so many questionable statements in your posts. If life was so great in Italy - why did your kids need mother and father to go to college in the US? There is no "required 100k in assets". You went through self sponsoring Affidavit of support. I am glad that while you went though your interview with all the here described issues you had time to follow what was going on next doors:>) Your husband went through your interview???

You have some related posts. I have never heard of an Italian senior citizen not getting approved for B2. Why does she not fly by ESTA as it is almost impossible to get medical insurance for a 80 year old traveler past 30 days.

Old 06-11-2019, 10:47 AM

1 posts, read 340 times
Hi ,I'm on H1 and my spouse is currently in India and planning for F1 Visa,So do he need to declare as married in Visa interview form? if so what are real chances of getting approved in Visa Stamping interview? if not is it okay to say unmarried ,however we have marriage certificate registered?

so how better we can handle this?

Old 06-11-2019, 07:12 PM

7 posts, read 4,550 times
If you are married then he has to say that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration