Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 09:30 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,010,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
This government is not revoking anyone's citizenship unless that individual is a threat to the powers that be. Snowden is a great example. Do you think they are going to put more man hours into your 'illegal' in question or Snowden? I would hope they start putting far more effort into finding illegals in the future.
Snowden was a natural born citizen to my knowledge. It is very difficult for him to lose his citizenship unless he denounces it.

If you obtained your citizenship by fraud (not birth in this country) you can have it taken away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 04:48 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,727,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Citizenship application, N-400, requires to disclose all applicant's children, dead and alive, in whole universe. Sorry. Not supporting, not speaking of abandoning, your children virtually guarantees your citizenship application to be denied on the grounds of "bad moral character". Not disclosing all your children in N-400 constitutes a deportable fraud (of course, if they will catch that), I know because I've stumbled upon a similar case on USCIS website. BTW, I'm asking on behalf of other people, I have no personal emotions involved in this thread.
But whether the Feds take up the case is another matter.

Old 12-23-2013, 10:04 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,626,751 times
Quote:

Part 9. Information About Your Children
One must list every one of his children, regardless of whether they are:
• alive, missing, or dead
• born in other countries or in the United States
• younger or older than 18 years
• married or unmarried
• living with you or elsewhere
• stepsons or stepdaughters not legally adopted, or
• born out of wedlock.
You didn't say their ages, but it they were over 18, then he doesn't have to disclose them. Depending on how you learned this so called information, it could be complete fiction.

The person is already a citizen so why worry about it now? It's really none of your business unless you're one of those kids. Why try to create a problem for him unless you hate his guts and want him to pay for something? Sounds VERY vindictive. The courts are already beyond backlogged with real problems.

Old 12-29-2013, 08:11 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
If that matters I'm asking on behalf of a woman the guy got impregnated (among others) after divorcing his GC wife, he's got money (from his Arabic motherland) and he just harass the crap out of her, legally and physically. He went to jail for 7 days because of him continuously violating personal protection order, but she has no money to push it further because he just doesn't quit. The woman (I have no involvement of any kind with) is losing her marbles she's so terrorized. Obviously, she called a lot of misery upon herself, but how to say that, her psychological&mental constitution is a favorite among control freaks and she needs help regardless of what her personal faults might have been. The guy is borderline crazy (with money), the kind certain kind of women find irresistible until their jaws get broken (and even after that), if that matters.
They probably won't deport him -- almost nothing can get someone deported (even illegals) so I think what might be better for the woman he's terrorizing to get a protective order and call the police when he violates it. She might consider getting a gun also if the police there are that lax.

Old 06-22-2015, 06:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,203 times
How about if someone lied about getting green card through domestic violence green card how can you prove to migration that wasn't true or what documents do i need?

Old 06-25-2015, 07:37 AM

21 posts, read 33,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashnjo View Post
How about if someone lied about getting green card through domestic violence green card how can you prove to migration that wasn't true or what documents do i need?

IB-6 green cards are the magic bullet. Once you have one, it doesn't matter
If the allegation was false.

It's the most convienant way for those inadmissible for a green card/visa to get one.

Old 06-28-2015, 07:52 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashnjo View Post
That's probably related to an internet meeting/marriage. Often when these Russian or Asian (from what was shown on TV are the most internet brides) wife's come here they file domestic abuse so they don't have to stay married longer then needed and get to keep or get a green card due to the abuse.

Word has spread like similar things when Obama stated he wasn't going to deport kids, so that was a freebie to come here illegally and more than ever came across the border and entire organizations were getting paid to get more people here.

Old 07-11-2015, 05:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,091 times
My Mother just passed away and I find out after her passed that she was married to an Colombian illegal alien, and I wish to request and investigation due to this individual marry my Mother just to have a legal status, and can proof it if needed..Where or who can I contact to request an investigation?

Old 07-11-2015, 09:31 PM

12,108 posts, read 23,286,271 times
An illegal alien does not automatically get legal status for marrying a US citizen. If he hasn't jumped through all of the extensive and time consuming hoops to get his green card, he is still an illegal alien.

Sorry for your loss.

Old 07-12-2015, 03:56 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,638,175 times
It sounds to me like the woman needs to call the local battered women's shelter and get away from the creep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration