Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 12:04 PM

15,432 posts, read 25,814,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIsWhere... View Post
Ahh, but the illegal immigrants who are paying taxes, they're really paying.

5 immigration myths debunked

Myth # 1: They don't pay taxes

Undocumented immigrants are already U.S. taxpayers.
Collectively, they paid an estimated $10.6 billion to state and local taxes in 2010, according to the
Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy (ITEP), a research organization that works on tax policy issues. Contributions varied by state.

Myth # 2: They don't pay into Social Security

The truth is that undocumented immigrants contribute more in payroll taxes than they will ever consume in public benefits.

Take Social Security. According to the Social Security Administration (SSA), unauthorized immigrants --
who are not eligible to receive Social Security benefits -- have paid an eye-popping $100 billion into the
fund over the past decade.

5 immigration myths debunked - Nov. 20, 2014
That article says 25-50% of 11 million illegals do not pay taxes. That's a huge number.

Old 11-25-2016, 02:47 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,552,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whocares386 View Post
Yes, you are right because being illegal immigrant is an unlawfull. But what do you suggest to me ? Live in the Turkey forever ? I'll try Diversty Lottery but as I said before it is only about luck if you are lucky you can get it.

There are so much Anglosphere countries in the world. And I don't think any of them will get me their country with no proffesional certificate. (science, medicine..) Best way for me is marriage. But for that I will need a time. Because I have to find in love with me a girl.

And U.S is a country which has most illegal immigrants population in it. About 11 million, or 3.5 percent of the total U.S. population is illegal. There are so much undocumented people working, living with no trouble. I think I can be one of them for a while...
You're not welcome to our country if you plan on coming here illegally. And your issue with Turkey is not our problem. Further, how do you plan to get here illegally? You think you can just hop on a plane and come to the U.S.?

Old 11-25-2016, 02:51 PM

578 posts, read 458,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
As I said, overstaying a visa is a civil offense, and you can be deported if you do so.

Yes they can but the unlike hood is very low,remember they came here legally and if they paid taxes.no criminal record the chances of deporation over a overstay visa is low.....

Quote:
If they applied for a Visa and the American government approved it, that doesn't give them the right to stay past the limit of the Visa date.
But it also gives them the right to challenge anything the american government does,remember the american government APPROVED AND LET THEM COME TO THE COUNTRY the government gave them the right to this country and the immigrants can use many relieves to stay.

Quote:
People who are in this country illegally--with few exceptions--should be deported.
Agree however its not as black and white as we think and if someone comes here illegally and they have american born children the chances of deporting them is NONE

Quote:
The United States cannot absorb everybody who wants to live here.
Agree but the government welcomes immigrants with visas

Quote:
We are a sovereign nation with sovereign borders, and the country belongs to Americans.
No the country belongs to the native american indians,this was a stole land by the europeans history is just repeating itself..

Old 11-25-2016, 03:51 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,736,853 times
Quote:
Yes, you are right because being illegal immigrant is an unlawfull. But what do you suggest to me ? Live in the Turkey forever ? I'll try Diversty Lottery but as I said before it is only about luck if you are lucky you can get it.

There are so much Anglosphere countries in the world. And I don't think any of them will get me their country with no proffesional certificate. (science, medicine..) Best way for me is marriage. But for that I will need a time. Because I have to find in love with me a girl.

And U.S is a country which has most illegal immigrants population in it. About 11 million, or 3.5 percent of the total U.S. population is illegal. There are so much undocumented people working, living with no trouble. I think I can be one of them for a while...

WOW.......Just an FYI......U.S. officials do watch the internet. Maybe I should just report you now! And BTW, our new president Donald Trump is going to be cracking down on Illegals so good luck trying to scam and not come into our country the legal way!

Last edited by CGab; 11-25-2016 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: add

Old 11-25-2016, 03:52 PM

Quote:
You're not welcome to our country if you plan on coming here illegally. And your issue with Turkey is not our problem. Further, how do you plan to get here illegally? You think you can just hop on a plane and come to the U.S.?

This guy is a joke! He seriously is too ignorant to come here and not get caught!

Old 11-25-2016, 04:05 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,979,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
That article says 25-50% of 11 million illegals do not pay taxes. That's a huge number.

Read the article more closely and or do further research.

Yes, many illegals do not pay federal income/payroll withholding taxes, but they do pay local/state. This includes various inescapable rates such as sales taxes and surcharges.

Many of these illegals drive which means they not only paid taxes when purchasing a motor vehicle, but also each time the thing is fueled.

Average American who is middle or below class pays little to nil federal income tax anyway, especially after filing for various rebates/credits. What taxes do affect us are often state and local income, property, sales, and others. So in this regard illegals probably are no different than the rest of us.

Given the poverty and high numbers (on average) of children in illegals households it might be a good then they do not file federal income taxes as many would likely qualify for EIC, child and other tax credits/deductions that would actually be drain on the treasury.

Another thing; as noted illegals often do pay payroll taxes even if under a fraudulent or unauthorized SSN . Again that is money they will *NEVER* collect back in SS benefits and is really free money to the government. If those incoming funds stopped, and or benefits had to be paid out you'd see a SS system in far worse shape fiscally than it is already.

Old 11-25-2016, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronejacobs0 View Post
Before i post a source PLEASE PLEASE show me where its a crime or illegal to use someone's ssn WITH permission.

OF COURSE IT'S ILLEGAL TO USE SOMEONE ELSE'S SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER It's called identity theft and will be prosecuted in court as such. www.SSA.gov ARE YOU EVEN A CITIZEN? ???

AND illegal immigrants or even those here legally on Visa's DO NOT have the same rights as U.S. citizen's! They can not vote, they can not posses a firearm and they CAN NOT stay here forever. I don't know where you are getting your information from but you are WRONG!!!! You might want to do some more research!!

Old 11-25-2016, 04:35 PM

163 posts, read 273,520 times
Quote:
I heard so much people came in the US with legal tourist-student visa and they didn't return their country back. They stayed for years and their visa has been expired. If I'm not wrong, they can't get a SSN card (but few states exception) but they take their payment as a cash and they even pay their taxes so there is no problem for them. Also these people don't involve any criminal unlawful business they just live as other American citizens.

My question is: If they arrested by police, what will happen to that illegal immigrants ? Are there any rights for them ?
I would think they can be deported.

They probably have an SSN but it's not eligible for employment (there will be a notation on the SSN card).

Old 11-25-2016, 05:22 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
OF COURSE IT'S ILLEGAL TO USE SOMEONE ELSE'S SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER It's called identity theft and will be prosecuted in court as such. www.SSA.gov ARE YOU EVEN A CITIZEN? ???

AND illegal immigrants or even those here legally on Visa's DO NOT have the same rights as U.S. citizen's! They can not vote, they can not posses a firearm and they CAN NOT stay here forever. I don't know where you are getting your information from but you are WRONG!!!! You might want to do some more research!!
The information this guy is spouting is just wrong.

Old 11-25-2016, 06:10 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,908,288 times
I have long questioned the wisdom of paying all the money for border patrol while ignoring all those who overstay their visas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration