Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2023, 03:50 PM

100 posts, read 47,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
How many different ADHD meds did you try, and how many different doses? I take Vyvanse, which is a time release medication, and it changed my life.
Stratterra. I started taking it at eight years old and it helped for a while but then it started making me have mood swings and become extremely irritable. These side effects really started to become bad when they increased the dose of it when I was about 11-12. At about 13 or 14 I stopped taking it cold turkey, and then I took it again briefly when I was 15 or 16 and again stopped. I certainly wouldn't take adderall or ritalin since those are basically amphetamines. I don't think I'd take any ADHD medications, especially because I already smoke weed and I'm not sure how those drugs would interact with it. At least weed is cheap, tax free, and not pushed by big pharma, even if it has its drawbacks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2023, 04:31 PM

15,403 posts, read 7,468,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwbsd68 View Post
Stratterra. I started taking it at eight years old and it helped for a while but then it started making me have mood swings and become extremely irritable. These side effects really started to become bad when they increased the dose of it when I was about 11-12. At about 13 or 14 I stopped taking it cold turkey, and then I took it again briefly when I was 15 or 16 and again stopped. I certainly wouldn't take adderall or ritalin since those are basically amphetamines. I don't think I'd take any ADHD medications, especially because I already smoke weed and I'm not sure how those drugs would interact with it. At least weed is cheap, tax free, and not pushed by big pharma, even if it has its drawbacks.
Weed and ADHD is a bad combination, since it reduces executive function that is already not right from ADHD.

Keep in mind that many places in the world will lock you up for a very long time in very bad prisons if you get caught with drugs, even pot.

Old 05-21-2023, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Keep in mind that many places in the world will lock you up for a very long time in very bad prisons if you get caught with drugs, even pot.
Yeah I'm aware, I'm not ignorant of that. Hence why Uruguay is an attractive option, weed is legal there.

Old 05-21-2023, 08:54 PM

61,650 posts, read 87,023,434 times
Yup! Here is your answer. Go to Uruguay.
End of dilemma.
Glad you found your paradise.
This thread got ridiculous long time ago and should be closed.

Old 05-22-2023, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
Climate change is the biggest problem we have. If we lose the arctic sea ice the planet warming could speed up exponentially and we lose human habitat. You might not even have ten years. But, then, you might need to deal with your life for another 60 years. No one knows for sure. And, life has always been this way because there was no guarantee you were ever going to even get 27 years.

I completely stopped watching the news back in 2016 (again) because it appeared to be fabricated to me back then. I had a science teacher back in the 70's who never owned a TV and he recommended that we skip it. So, I have always been skeptical. What I do is "read" the headlines and then if something interests me I do my own research.

Trust fund. Well, did you ever even know your grandfather? If so, what guidance did he give you? What about your father? Didn't they give you some guidance about what they thought you might do with your life???

You need to realize that it is possible the trust fund runs dry and you need to be able to support yourself. So, take some career assessment testing. I took the Strong Interpretive test. There is other career testing and there is the Myers Briggs that you can use to point you in the right direction. So what if you are getting a late start? I did not go back to school until 29 and I went to night school while working full time and got an accounting degree at 35 and have been able to work a career for 25 years and will get another 5-10 years into it. So, that you have plenty of time to pick something and pursue it. You have to assume life goes on. Because, like someone said earlier they had us hiding under our desks because the Russians were coming with the nuclear bombs (and we're still here). You really need to turn everything off (except your own brain).

Get a shrink, get a psychic, find God, etc., etc. All the things that people do to make life meaningful. Listen to Jordan Peterson (from a non political stance).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV078z5fwds
I just took the strong interpretive test. The results I got were pretty weird tho. A lot of the suggestions for careers that it gave me were ones that require a college degree or a masters and I don't think it's worth it to go back to school. Especially since my undergraduate gpa means that I wouldn't even be able to get into grad school. Ideally I need something that doesn't require a college degree but almost every suggested career on the list from my test results requires one.

Old 05-22-2023, 02:40 PM

3,934 posts, read 2,184,548 times
Quote:
Yeah I'm aware, I'm not ignorant of that. Hence why Uruguay is an attractive option, weed is legal there.
Quote:
What do you suggest I do to plan ahead? Seems you have a good outlook on what I'm actually saying
You are amusing - this is the first thing you checked of the countries I mentioned?
Everyone has their own priorities!

First - how is your Spanish? The permanent residency interview will be in Spanish. Without a common language you won’t really be able to truly enjoy the new country.

Start working on your Spanish?
Subscribe to Uruguay news, tv - streaming?
Watch their programs, movies, etc to get the gist of the issues, the attitudes, the culture?

You need to visit and see it for yourself - trust you gut feeling; if something doesn’t appeal to you right away and you feel strongly about it - you may need to look elsewhere…

Go to the country of your choice immigration site - not the third parties - and verify that your monthly income qualify you to move there permanently, other requirements
They don’t look kindly if you are not serious about actually living there permanently once you received your permits.

So learn everything you need for permanent residency, prepare documents (certified translations, Apostile from the US state that the documents were issued from, additional proof of income documents- all certified translated and notarized, Apostiled, etc.)

They are all the steps needed for any country you would be moving to - so do it if you are serious

On the other hand for now don’t spend all your cash - in case you need to escape in a jiffy - keep as much as you can, reduce your spending to a minimum

Let us know how it is going for the next steps recommendation
To be continued…

Old 05-22-2023, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
You are amusing - this is the first thing you checked of the countries I mentioned?
Everyone has their own priorities!

First - how is your Spanish? The permanent residency interview will be in Spanish. Without a common language you won’t really be able to truly enjoy the new country.

Start working on your Spanish?
Subscribe to Uruguay news, tv - streaming?
Watch their programs, movies, etc to get the gist of the issues, the attitudes, the culture?

You need to visit and see it for yourself - trust you gut feeling; if something doesn’t appeal to you right away and you feel strongly about it - you may need to look elsewhere…

Go to the country of your choice immigration site - not the third parties - and verify that your monthly income qualify you to move there permanently, other requirements
They don’t look kindly if you are not serious about actually living there permanently once you received your permits.

So learn everything you need for permanent residency, prepare documents (certified translations, Apostile from the US state that the documents were issued from, additional proof of income documents- all certified translated and notarized, Apostiled, etc.)

They are all the steps needed for any country you would be moving to - so do it if you are serious

On the other hand for now don’t spend all your cash - in case you need to escape in a jiffy - keep as much as you can, reduce your spending to a minimum

Let us know how it is going for the next steps recommendation
To be continued…
This is the advice I've sought all along, thank you

Old 05-23-2023, 04:22 AM

3,934 posts, read 2,184,548 times
Quote:
This is the advice I've sought all along, thank you
FYI: if it is Uruguay - IIRC - they require that the documents must be translated by their own certified translators? It may require you to do one more extra step -as the Apostiles could be only produced by the country/state in US which issues the documents.
Check that out.
Get you Spanish proficiency up to a natives level - so you could read their requirements with the precision - do not rely on translation apps

Good luck!

Old 05-23-2023, 01:50 PM

7,492 posts, read 3,219,325 times
Quote:
I just took the strong interpretive test. The results I got were pretty weird tho. A lot of the suggestions for careers that it gave me were ones that require a college degree or a masters and I don't think it's worth it to go back to school. Especially since my undergraduate gpa means that I wouldn't even be able to get into grad school. Ideally I need something that doesn't require a college degree but almost every suggested career on the list from my test results requires one.

Wow, because mine had a variety of choices. I had a "career" before I got a degree. So, it kind of made sense. My highest occupation theme = "conventional" and maybe that's why there were varied choices. My interests were most like Accountant, Banker, IRS Agent. Lowest interest = Artistic. Strongest Basic Interest Areas = Adventure, Mathematics... You have interests similar to people in the following occupations: Bus Driver; Optician; Investments Manager; Banker; Store Manager; Marketing Executive; Accountant; IRS Agent. So, obviously a bus driver and store manager do not require a degree and also I suppose you could add bookeeper technically.... Interests Moderately Similar (2nd Tier) Police Officer, Pharmacist, Lawyer, Personnel director, systems analyst, geographer, public administrator. You have Interests Very Dissimilar (artist, athletic trainer, physicist, minister, english teacher, nurse, home economics teacher, etc.).

I ended up in an occupation where I had the strongest basic interest area... I think maybe I should retire from accounting and drive a bus -- LOL

Old 05-23-2023, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
Wow, because mine had a variety of choices. I had a "career" before I got a degree. So, it kind of made sense. My highest occupation theme = "conventional" and maybe that's why there were varied choices. My interests were most like Accountant, Banker, IRS Agent. Lowest interest = Artistic. Strongest Basic Interest Areas = Adventure, Mathematics... You have interests similar to people in the following occupations: Bus Driver; Optician; Investments Manager; Banker; Store Manager; Marketing Executive; Accountant; IRS Agent. So, obviously a bus driver and store manager do not require a degree and also I suppose you could add bookeeper technically.... Interests Moderately Similar (2nd Tier) Police Officer, Pharmacist, Lawyer, Personnel director, systems analyst, geographer, public administrator. You have Interests Very Dissimilar (artist, athletic trainer, physicist, minister, english teacher, nurse, home economics teacher, etc.).

I ended up in an occupation where I had the strongest basic interest area... I think maybe I should retire from accounting and drive a bus -- LOL
Either way the results of that test have left me more confused as to what I should get into
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration