Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2023, 10:07 PM

1,142 posts, read 1,146,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwbsd68 View Post
Religion is what gives purpose and meaning to my life right now.
How exactly are you deriving meaning out of religion? What all things are you doing to achieve that?

Last edited by nirvana07; 05-11-2023 at 10:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2023, 04:17 AM

4,858 posts, read 459,835 times
Quote:
I've considered that but I really believe I need to leave this country. I know about New Vrindaban, it's a couple hours away from where I live and friends of mine at my local Hindu temple have been there. It'd be nice to live in a Hindu community like that but the US is doomed and I need to escape while I still have the chance. I'm already pushing my luck by not fleeing the country sooner. In another 10-15 years or so everyone in America will either be dead or living under Chinese occupation
This is a follow-up to my original. Your words in this post (above) have me seriously wondering what flavor of Kool Aid you've been drinking. Yes, the Government and all of its systems stopped responding to actual needs of real people a long time ago. And can't pass gun laws that matter. And can't get out of their own way when it comes to creating a National Health Plan.

The USA is indubitably screwed up. But I don't see a takeover by the Communist Chinese in the cards. Sure, anything could happen. But if the Chinese try anything like taking over the USA and making us a colony, there would be a lot of weapons and blood used up. And they would not succeed, in the end. Not because I have blind faith in our military power, but because our military power truly is overwhelming.

Take a step back from this stuff you've got yourself convinced of. It's got you in quite an agitated state.

Old 05-12-2023, 06:18 AM

23,895 posts, read 33,650,372 times
Quote:
My living situation is that I live alone in an apartment in the suburbs of a major city. The only disability I have is ADHD. My trust fund right now is a few hundred thousand. The catch 22 you describe is exactly why all of this is so daunting to me and why I doubt I'd be able to execute my plan in earnest. It's just overwhelming to me. I've considered "internal" immigration, to buy some land and live in a rural area somewhere but I really want to be able to leave the US when the time comes. I don't think retreating to the american countryside will be enough. I need an escape route to another country.

You need to go to the Europe section to read there. There are a lot of threads dealing with moving to a European country.

I'm entitled to live in Hungary if I apply for citizenship, both of my parents came here in the 50's. What stinks is I would need to learn the language which is true of most every country. Not only do people need to know the language, they need a certain amount in their bank account plus if they're young enough to work, they need to have a skill that the country can't find employees locally.

I have ADHD too. I have no issues with being organized. ADHD is used as an excuse these days. It sounds like you have no interest to change certain things about yourself but you sure have a huge motivation to keep reading doom and gloom.

Do you really think going to another country would offer a better quality of life? It probably will not because it's possible their government is worst off then our current President. I can not see you living in a third world country.

That trust fund is not going to last until you die unless you die young. It costs a lot of money to support a life style.

You really need some schooling to get some kind of job.

All of my family is still in Hungary. I would not want to live there because of their government.

Old 05-12-2023, 09:05 AM

2,121 posts, read 1,329,836 times
I don't know which countries are better than the USA and Canada? Maybe there are, such as New Zealand and/or Switzerland. Some people from USA moved to there. But they were famous and very rich. If you are not famous and rich, you have no chance to move there.

If you want to move to some third world countries, people will come to you like beggars to the rich man. If you don't give them anything, or don't have anything to give them, your life will be in danger.

There are politics and corruptions everywhere. It's easy to judge others, even judging the governments. But the problem is everyone/people has/have his/her/their own problems. And they don't look at themselves as problems. They just think/see problems from others and blame others.

If you want to "fix" the world, you fix yourself first. If you want to run away, wherever you go, there you are.

Old 05-12-2023, 10:18 AM

24,686 posts, read 11,023,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnOrdinaryCitizen View Post
I don't know which countries are better than the USA and Canada? Maybe there are, such as New Zealand and/or Switzerland. Some people from USA moved to there. But they were famous and very rich. If you are not famous and rich, you have no chance to move there.

If you want to move to some third world countries, people will come to you like beggars to the rich man. If you don't give them anything, or don't have anything to give them, your life will be in danger.

There are politics and corruptions everywhere. It's easy to judge others, even judging the governments. But the problem is everyone/people has/have his/her/their own problems. And they don't look at themselves as problems. They just think/see problems from others and blame others.

If you want to "fix" the world, you fix yourself first. If you want to run away, wherever you go, there you are.
New Zealand immigration is pretty much cut and dry. 27/trust fund/confused are not on the desired professions list.

Old 05-12-2023, 11:23 AM

6,978 posts, read 6,903,691 times
Quote:
I've considered that but I really believe I need to leave this country. I know about New Vrindaban, it's a couple hours away from where I live and friends of mine at my local Hindu temple have been there. It'd be nice to live in a Hindu community like that but the US is doomed and I need to escape while I still have the chance. I'm already pushing my luck by not fleeing the country sooner. In another 10-15 years or so everyone in America will either be dead or living under Chinese occupation

Haha I love it when everyone fantasizes about Chinese occupation of the USA. Why would the Chinese want to occupy the United States ? What would it achieve? How would they do it? Think of the practicalities involved. This is pure (both) government propaganda.

In my experience, individuals in both China and the States want nothing more than to live in peace and make a good living in order to provide for their family. People dont want war because inevitably loved ones die and it tanks the economy.

This kind of feeling you have to leave is often due to you, yourself not facing something you need to face. In this case, if it is, then you will find the same problem will follow you to the new destination and manifest in a different form. It is part of the way the Universe helps us to learn our lessons of life.

Old 05-12-2023, 01:19 PM

51,661 posts, read 25,896,174 times
Quote:
I'm a 27 year old guy in the US. I was born in Germany but I have lived almost my whole life in the states and have dual US/German citizenship. In light of increasing hardships in the US and rising international tensions I've come to understand that living here isn't the best idea and I need to start making contingency plans to flee the US when things really get bad. However, I don't know what country I should potentially flee to or how to even go about it. I want to be in a country that's kinda off the beaten path and not really involved as much in international geopolitics. Somewhere where I can potentially find refuge from the problems of the western world.

The idea of putting a plan together to emigrate somewhere else is so overwhelming to me. I don't know how much money to put aside, how I would make living arrangements, or what I could do in order to earn money abroad. I'm completely lost and need someone to help me. How should I go about formulating such a contingency plan? Are there any resources I should consult that could give me insight about what I need to do? What countries would be good ones for me to consider?
OML

27 y/o guy wants to move somewhere off the beaten path that is not involved in international geopolitics where he can find refuge from the world but worries about making a living.

Do what other 29 y/os do -- teach English.

Not sure where you'd find a country that's safe enough for you to live in, but find one, get a job teaching English, see what you think.

Good luck!

Old 05-12-2023, 07:23 PM

61,915 posts, read 87,450,383 times
You didn't read the thread...
OP said that he can't teach due to his ADHD disorder.

Old 05-12-2023, 08:07 PM

2,256 posts, read 1,353,361 times
Quote:
I'm a 27 year old guy in the US. I was born in Germany but I have lived almost my whole life in the states and have dual US/German citizenship. In light of increasing hardships in the US and rising international tensions I've come to understand that living here isn't the best idea and I need to start making contingency plans to flee the US when things really get bad. However, I don't know what country I should potentially flee to or how to even go about it. I want to be in a country that's kinda off the beaten path and not really involved as much in international geopolitics. Somewhere where I can potentially find refuge from the problems of the western world.

The idea of putting a plan together to emigrate somewhere else is so overwhelming to me. I don't know how much money to put aside, how I would make living arrangements, or what I could do in order to earn money abroad. I'm completely lost and need someone to help me. How should I go about formulating such a contingency plan? Are there any resources I should consult that could give me insight about what I need to do? What countries would be good ones for me to consider?
Edited the teaching part.

You may have to act fast as the closing date is on May the 14th.
I can't paste the link here with my old tablet, and my other tablet is out of battery. Google "Canada Agro-Food Pilot Project" to see if you are interested. You only need to have a savings account of less than C$14k to qualify.

Old 05-12-2023, 08:19 PM

15,549 posts, read 7,571,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
You didn't read the thread...
OP said that he can't teach due to his ADHD disorder.
He's wrong about that. I know several teachers who have ADHD. Finding the right doctor to prescribe the right medication helps a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration