Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2023, 01:48 PM

100 posts, read 47,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
Stop following/watching/reading the news - even the headlines.

It is the cause of your depression:FUD - fear, uncertainty, doubt created in order to control you and get “followers” (profit + political influence = more profits)

You are a classic case.
Where do you get money to pay your psychologist? What a waste: turn off the incessant stream of the bait click information - get into physical labor - where you are so tired that you just want to chill with the cold drink in your hand - but go easy on another depressant - alcohol.
Nature if available to you could be great

Concentrate on developing your skills to be productive, to follow your interests, to create a daily comfort for yourself so you feel good or just create - if you are artistic.

Realize that we can’t change the world individually - we are just witnesses, there is no perfect country to be immune from the chaos/evils of the world - as the only constant thing is change - your perfect place if found - would change in a jiffy - your intentions are futile.

You should already know that being a Buddhist?

You will be changing one set of perceived problems with another set in another country
You can’t run from yourself - it is you and not your country.

Moving elsewhere - gives you an illusion of control
If you stop the stream of the info - you would stop being surrounded by “the decadence” of the Western World.

If you move away from the Western world you would be surrounded by cut-throats, begging people, gangs, filth, starving animals, corruption, pollution, diseases and helplessness you feel right now.

People lived their lives even under bombs - the best they could, falling in love, making babies and going on.
The US will be ok: you could re-evaluate if the actual bombs would start falling on US - if that happens - there wouldn’t be a place on Earth to be safe.
Why would you even want to live in that fiery world ?

Good luck

I've tried turning off the news but I hear all that crap thru the grapevine anyway. It's basically just like putting my head in the sand. There's got to be non-western countries that are at least alright places to live. Sure if I went to the third world I would be surrounded by hardships and destitute people, but at least I'd be away from the collective insanity of American society and all the psyops and social conditioning that the psychopaths on capitol hill constantly push on us. I'm not Buddhist btw, I'm Hindu
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2023, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
In addition to what it's said already, you need to stop reading publications focusing on extreme right or left news. Those that express extreme bias, consistently promote propaganda & conspiracy theories, and publish fake news.
Use your common sense and compare news from several reliable sources.
No news sources in America are reliable. They all push an agenda regardless.

Old 05-08-2023, 01:57 PM

61,729 posts, read 87,147,355 times
What are you doing right now? Do you have a job? Any work skills?
It's not to late to go back to school and learn something universally useful. Be a plumber, or electrician, carpenter, cook, mechanic, nurse/ med tech, welder ...have a high in demand trade skills. Those are useful no matter where you're going to live.

Old 05-08-2023, 01:59 PM

Quote:
What are you doing right now? Do you have a job? Any work skills?
It's not to late to go back to school and learn something universally useful. Be a plumber, or electrician, carpenter, cook, mechanic, nurse/ med tech, welder ...have a high in demand trade skills. Those are useful no matter where you're going to live.
I've worked as a freelance translator on the internet but barely made any money from it. I live off a trust fund my grandfather set up. Unfortunately I have no career and my undergrad degree is in German which means it's pretty much useless. I don't know what I'd do as far as what skills I'd learn

Old 05-08-2023, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwbsd68 View Post
No news sources in America are reliable. They all push an agenda regardless.
Sure, there are reliable news. Read them from different sources then make your own mind.
Hone your skills in Googling. Take a look at international news.
https://www.makeuseof.com/top-unbiased-news-sources/

Old 05-08-2023, 02:02 PM

Quote:
I've worked as a freelance translator on the internet but barely made any money from it. I live off a trust fund my grandfather set up. Unfortunately I have no career and my undergrad degree is in German which means it's pretty much useless. I don't know what I'd do as far as what skills I'd learn
That's why a life coach or career counselor comes handy.
You need to do something of yourself. Be proud of your OWN accomplishments.
No wonder why you sound depressed - you need to find a purpose of your life.

Are you interested in learning anything useful? What skills sound appealing to you?

Last edited by elnina; 05-08-2023 at 02:29 PM..

Old 05-08-2023, 02:33 PM

9,879 posts, read 14,131,555 times
Quote:
There is no point trying to help Eyeore, here. He has a negative view on EVERYTHING, including any advice that has already been posted. The world is ending; I have no skills; life is horrible. This is un-fixable in a message board.

Old 05-08-2023, 02:54 PM

130,339 posts, read 12,112,869 times
1) No matter where you go, there you are

2) the grass is not always greener on the other side.

3) Count your blessings here & find a small rural place to live. Do not watch the news or politics & you will soon forget all about politics

Old 05-08-2023, 03:33 PM

Yeah, there are more urgent issues he needs to address first. Start with depression.
Then find a meaning of his life.

Old 05-08-2023, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Sure, there are reliable news. Read them from different sources then make your own mind.
Hone your skills in Googling. Take a look at international news.
https://www.makeuseof.com/top-unbiased-news-sources/

Even the stuff on Reuters and AP scares the hell out of me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration