Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2010, 01:56 PM

2 posts, read 3,136 times

Advertisements

Moving to a new job soon that's just outside of Lexington (Lexington ARMY Depot). Not familiar with the area other than some internet research. I've got a 6 year old and a 1 year old so one primary focus is on a good elementary school. Price range between 150K and 270K in a quiet older established neighborhood is what I'd prefer. Chevy Chase and Ashland seem to be what I'm after but a little outside of my price range. Would want to keep my commute under 30 minutes. Any recommendations within Lexington or outlying towns?

Any info much appreciated.

...pie

Last edited by EMcG; 09-08-2010 at 03:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 03:27 PM

969 posts, read 2,820,114 times
For an older neighborhood with a good elementary school, you may want to look into Meadowthorpe. It is on the west end of town near an exit for New Circle Road and is convenient to the interstate as well. The elementary school is right in the neighborhood and seems to be well liked. The prices are in the lower end of your range.

Another part of town near the higher end of your range that has much of the charm of Chevy Chase and Ashland Park is Glendover. It also has a well respected elementary school right in the neighborhood. Across Nicholasville Road is also an area called Pensacola Park. It has Chevy Chase like houses for the low end of your range.

Old 09-08-2010, 03:53 PM

969 posts, read 2,820,114 times
Forgot to mention that you are right, you won't find anything in your price range in Chevy Chase and Ashland Park. I've worked with 3 buyers who have been looking in that area and it seems that the only houses you can get in your price range will be smaller fixer-uppers.

A nieghborhood I am sure you would like is Kenwick, but the elementary school is Ashland, which is about mid-pack performance wise.

Old 09-09-2010, 05:31 AM

891 posts, read 3,053,636 times
Actually Ashland's scores have risen each year. The principal is very focused on success. In the past it wasn't that great but in the past 6 or so years it has really turned around. Our son went to the GT cluster there and at first I had real reservations. I was proven wrong though and have friends that have put siblings in the school that didn't qualify for the GT program.

Old 09-10-2010, 11:56 AM

2 posts, read 3,136 times
Appreciate the input. This gives me a good start.

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area