Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2011, 12:07 PM

3 posts, read 4,661 times

Advertisements

I am about to transfer from Gateway Community & Technical College up here in Crittenden, KY and need to find some place around Bluegrass CTC. I am looking for a mobile home park that I can move my 16x80 single wide to. I don't have any kids, so public schools isn't a big deal. Also, I am currently paying $230 for lot rent (without water, trash, or sewer) and would prefer to find some place within that range (I would be willing to go up to $300 if those are included). I am hoping to find some place with no more then a 30 minute drive and it needs to be a nice and quiet neighborhood like I have here in Crittenden already. The mobile home park also needs to allow dogs (I have a saint bernard).

I would just stay here, however; the 1 hour 10 minute drive (each way) is not feasible on gas cost. Please let me know any suggestions you guys have.

Thank You.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2011, 07:00 AM

638 posts, read 1,282,263 times
I know nothing about mobile homes, so maybe you can enlighten me! What does it cost to move an 80 foot long mobile home?? Is it not more cost effective to just sell the one you have and buy another in a park in the area you like? I see them for sale in the RE magazines and the costs are very reasonable.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:08 AM

3 posts, read 4,661 times
It runs about $1000-1500 to move one. The price depends upon the distance being traveled and services being rendered, this being anything from just straight moving it only to include the complete hook-up (connecting utilities, replacing skirting, and putting decks back in place).

It actually wouldn't be cheaper considering I paid $17000 for this place and have already spent around an extra $6000 in updates (new furnace, water heater, carpet, ac, walls, paint, bath, dishwasher, etc). In this current economy, very few if any mobile homes are selling right now (in fact there have been about 15+ mobiles homes in my current place that have been for sale for 5 months and up, a few that were for sale when I bought this place over a year ago). Even if I could sell it, I doubt I would get enough to buy another one (most mobile homes run $30k+ when in good condition, specially in areas closer to large cities like Lexington).

Thanks for responding to the post and I hope I was able to provide a little bit of insight as to why I have to find a place to take my mobile home with me to.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:37 AM

638 posts, read 1,282,263 times
I didn't realize moving one was so reasonable! Best of luck in you journey!! Thanks for the education! Let us know how you make out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area