Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 07:00 PM

133 posts, read 587,159 times

Advertisements

Your experience ? or thoughts on the school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2007, 07:27 PM

1 posts, read 10,381 times
Smile Nash Academy

I'm enrolled in Nash Academy right now and will be finished soon. This is a wonderful school, very professional. The instructors are the best! The Nashes come in from time to time and give us the benefit of the vast knowledge. They are leaders in the field. You can't go wrong if you decide to come to school in Kentucky. I've heard good things about NJ but I go to the school in KY and can only speak for this school.

Old 07-26-2007, 06:09 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,076,512 times
I have never heard of that, where is it?

Old 07-27-2007, 04:32 AM

891 posts, read 3,052,560 times
It's in Lexington. I have second hand experience with it in that the groomer we take our dog to came to Nash from California. She says it is known as one of the best grooming schools in the country. She loved Lex and moved here, along with her parents, to open a salon after she finished school.

Old 07-27-2007, 05:36 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,076,512 times
ooooooooh ok thank you!

Old 09-01-2007, 08:09 PM

1 posts, read 10,283 times
Default groomers needed

We (Pampered Pet) are relocating from the fayette mall in a couple of months.
We are opening up our Boutique in a retail location and we are also thinking of adding grooming, however our shop would be small, about 600sf. We would be interested in renting out tables to qualified groomers.
any info on this subject would be greatley appreated since we are not groomers our self's. we are clothing designers.
Thanks in advance Lee

Old 02-05-2008, 04:16 PM

1 posts, read 10,024 times
Has anyone tried the online dog grooming training?
What about Nash grooming school part time online/complete on campus?

Old 02-08-2008, 06:25 PM

10 posts, read 65,034 times
I went through their traditional (15 week) program, which also had online classes that we took during those 15 weeks. There is also the combined program where you do the online work first and then go to 9 weeks of hands-on training.

My experience at Nash was great. I learned how to groom PROPERLY for every breed as well as pet variations and mixed breed styles. The facilities are top-notch, it is very clean, and they are always gentle and safe with the animals. I learned valuable handling experience as well. They also make you take classes on first aid and CPR. I highly recommend this school to anyone interested in becoming a professional groomer.

I currently work as a groomer in a vet clinic in Lexington.

Old 02-09-2008, 06:44 PM

39 posts, read 157,809 times
I was wondering...how much do groomers typically make in Lex?

Old 02-12-2008, 11:52 AM

10 posts, read 65,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bishard2 View Post
I was wondering...how much do groomers typically make in Lex?
Not enough.

Really, I don't know on average. I think it really depends on where you work. I get paid a commission, by the dog, so even though I take the time to be thorough and do a very good job I don't make as much as a groomer who rushes through it because I can't do as many dogs in a day. Kind of unfortunate, but people aren't usually willing to pay more for a better groom. I'm not in it to make money though, obviously. I just love what I do. I think it's that way for many groomers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area