Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2008, 12:54 AM

3 posts, read 13,721 times

Advertisements

Hi everybody. I'm a college student on a fairly strict budget and I'm looking for a place that accepts pets. Does anyone know anything about the Hollow Creek Condos? Or the area surrounding it? I'm looking for a 1 bedroom in the $400 a month range so if anyone has any other ideas I'd be happy to hear them.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2008, 05:47 AM

820 posts, read 2,868,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme101 View Post
Hi everybody. I'm a college student on a fairly strict budget and I'm looking for a place that accepts pets. Does anyone know anything about the Hollow Creek Condos? Or the area surrounding it? I'm looking for a 1 bedroom in the $400 a month range so if anyone has any other ideas I'd be happy to hear them.

Thanks!
Hollow Creek is an area on the north side of town that is predominantly african american. It is a mix of some folks that have owned their homes for many many years and lived in that area along with some apts that have issues with crime, etc. The area is very close to New Circle Rd which is a main road around Lexington allowing you quicker access to many other areas. There's shopping and fast food restaurants very close by. Restaurants not too far. It's not exactly close to UK, but with fairly direct access straight into town. However, on a budget of $400/month, you're probably not going to find anything really close. Have you thought about a roommate to allow you more options in housing?

Old 01-15-2008, 06:58 PM

324 posts, read 1,138,445 times
The hollow creek apt./condo area consists mainly of african american and hispanic population. Crime is high in that area. There are apts. on Wintergarden (by man o war and alumni dr.) that used to be affordable for students...can't think of their name?!

Old 01-16-2008, 11:47 PM

Thank you, I'm looking for that apartment complex right now. Does anyone know about the Cove Lake Village apts?

Old 01-17-2008, 12:21 PM

891 posts, read 3,052,366 times
Not first hand but it's in a decent area of town. Please be aware though that if you live that far off of campus parking could be an issue for you. Students have to park at Commonwealth Stadium (and if I recall correctly pay for a parking pass to do so). If you have a bike and a bike rack it wouldn't be so bad. I know the bus runs through campus but I'm not sure of the schedule.

Old 01-17-2008, 04:23 PM

714 posts, read 1,539,038 times
Try looking on craigslist.com, click on Kentucky, then housing, then something like temporary, or sublet. Sometimes you can find someone that wants to get out of a lease. Also, a lot of older houses that UK students rent that are close to campus will rent out rooms and I think they would be more willing to allow pets. Make sure you check the location with the forum, they are making great comments. That's all I can really comment on. Good Luck!

Old 01-17-2008, 05:01 PM

820 posts, read 2,868,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme101 View Post
Thank you, I'm looking for that apartment complex right now. Does anyone know about the Cove Lake Village apts?
They are out Richmond Rd. They are identical to Lighthouse Square Apts on Redding Rd (between Tates Creek and Nicholasville Rds) that I have mentioned in some other posts. They have large rooms, are fairly old, and not an abundance of amenities. I do know that they were (and probably still are) very fairly priced. Check both and compare the prices although I know they use to be identically priced. Lighthouse would be a tiny bit closer, but both are in similar neighborhoods. Lighthouse has some older condos by it, but both have some other apts and duplexes close by. Lighthouse has a small park across the street. Both are very close to shopping and dining.

Old 01-18-2008, 06:57 AM

5 posts, read 22,592 times
In the event that you do pick an apartment that is a bit far from campus, you do have to pay $100 a semester to park at the stadium, which is a little pricey for such a crappy spot to park, but what can you do? During the day, busses pick up there every five minutes, so, besides the cost, it isn't a big deal to have to park there. Also, if you're more ok with a bit of a comute, the prices of apartments and houses drop substancially outside of fayette county. I go to UK and live in Midway (woodford county); my commute is about 25 minutes and I pay $500 a month for a two bedroom house that allows pets.

Old 01-22-2008, 09:54 PM

Thank you all, I found a few places on Tates Creek Road in Lansdowne that seem really nice and are fairly priced. Thank you all for your help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area