Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2008, 02:28 PM

72 posts, read 141,145 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know this street or area well? Its between Bryan Station and Old Paris rd in the Deepwood subdivision behind the high school. It seems such a lovely street, but I am worried about crime and resale value. Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 08:00 PM

714 posts, read 1,538,942 times
I can tell you a little about it on a personal level, not so much the value of real estate. It is very close to Bryan Station High School. Deepwood is a small secluded area that has some really nice homes. If it were me, I would not be concerned about crime in the area, any more than I would be anywhere else in Lexington. It is on the North End of town, but it's surrounded by older decent areas/streets. The little area in which it sits is kinda an area of its own. There are a lot of nice homes in Deepwood.

I could research the home values, but off hand I don't know a whole lot about them for the neighborhood. The main street before you turn into the area would be the least nice IMO. The street further down Bryan Station and Laclede to the left are nice and quiet. If you are into the older homes, I think the area would def. be something to consider.

Old 11-03-2008, 05:52 AM

Thanks so much. It does seem so nice back there and I love the grassy median and lack of traffic. I never knew the whole 8 yrs I have been in Lexington about it! Is the high school a deterrent to families buying in Deepwood? It looks so nice and new but I have learned on this forum that it is not so hot. Any other opinions or info would be great!

Old 11-03-2008, 07:36 AM

1,714 posts, read 6,052,894 times
Yes, Bryan Station district is the least-desired school district in Lexington. Also it is (comparatively) far from the private high schools. So your buying price will reflect this, as will your selling price later on.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:45 AM

891 posts, read 3,052,115 times
Having grown up in that general area another consideration I would point out is the traffic to get to any shopping or restaurants. That end of New Circle Rd is very slow moving. There isn't much that is handy to that area.
Because of the school district the prices will be lower for comparable homes in better districts.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:09 AM

Thanks again so much! I was thinking it was not too bad going straight down Bryan Station rd into downtown and that I would cut over to Old Paris rd to Paris Pike 1-75 to avoid New Circle. The other house I like is right in the middle of Chevy Chase (and 1000 less square feet and $50k more). Just trying to make up my mind. The other allure of Deepwood is the proximity to the Horse Park using 1-75 on Paris Pike via Old Paris rd. Any more negatives or positives?

Old 11-03-2008, 10:57 AM

969 posts, read 2,818,760 times
Deepwood has always been a stable neighborhood, despite being in BSHS disctrict and its surroundings. I know there are several out there for sale right now and one that may be coming on the market soon in the low $300k range.

Deepwood attracts buyers who aren't as concerned about school district and location. They want the charm of the neighborhood. When I was in High School, a lot of kids out there went to Sayre or The Lexington School. School District is important, but you really have to look at the demographics of the typical buyer. For example, I have never heard anybody who is interested in a downtown condo ask about schools! My point is just that there are sub-markets that have a different set of criteria than most of us. Deepwood has a narrower slice of the market, but has always been desirable. I don't think you are going to have any resale problems...........or atleast no more than anybody else is having right now over $250,000!!

Old 11-03-2008, 09:49 PM

714 posts, read 1,538,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexingtongal View Post
Having grown up in that general area another consideration I would point out is the traffic to get to any shopping or restaurants. That end of New Circle Rd is very slow moving. There isn't much that is handy to that area.
Because of the school district the prices will be lower for comparable homes in better districts.
This would be correct. But just wanted to offer another route. I-75 is about 60 seconds away from the entrance of Deepwood. That exit is 113 off of I-75...Hamburg is 108. Your talking about 7 minutes to all the shopping and restaurants you would need.

If you wanted to go the back way to Hamburg, you could even take Hume Road, either thru the back of North Point or Eastin to Bryan Station...either way is not bad.

Depending on what type of places you like, it could also be considered a plus, considering you could be downtown pretty easily as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
View detailed profiles of: