Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 10:20 AM

2,926 posts, read 8,572,537 times

Advertisements

I found this on another thread and thought it was interesting, from Forbes.

In Pictures: The World's Cleanest Cities - Forbes.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2009, 02:52 PM

270 posts, read 934,892 times
That's impressive! (Even if there was an 8-way tie for 10th place)! Just reconfirms what I've always thought; that Lexington is an extraordinarily clean city. Thanks for the post, InLondon!

Old 02-01-2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexingtony View Post
That's impressive! (Even if there was an 8-way tie for 10th place)! Just reconfirms what I've always thought; that Lexington is an extraordinarily clean city. Thanks for the post, InLondon!
Hey, you're welcome! I thought it was very impressive as well.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:42 PM

508 posts, read 1,512,808 times
Not bad but to me it is more impressive to see much larger cities on the same list as smaller cities. Lexington is still a pretty clean place.

Forbes statement:
"#10 (Tie) Lexington, Ky.
Population: 260,512

Metro area: 73 square km

Lexington is known as the Athens of the West and as the Horse Capital. It has moved on from there with some manufacturing, a concentration on technology and considerable educational services. It has a public transit system that is mainly buses, a full range of highways and considerable traffic for a clean city."

My remarks:
concentration on technology - what, Lexmark?

full range of highways - none of which go through the city which is why it probably has an advantage in air quality

Old 02-03-2009, 07:54 AM

3 posts, read 10,543 times
My remarks:

I would think more along of the lines of all of the Universities myself. :P

Old 02-12-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easydoesit View Post
Not bad but to me it is more impressive to see much larger cities on the same list as smaller cities. Lexington is still a pretty clean place.

Forbes statement:
"#10 (Tie) Lexington, Ky.
Population: 260,512

Metro area: 73 square km

Lexington is known as the Athens of the West and as the Horse Capital. It has moved on from there with some manufacturing, a concentration on technology and considerable educational services. It has a public transit system that is mainly buses, a full range of highways and considerable traffic for a clean city."

My remarks:

full range of highways - none of which go through the city which is why it probably has an advantage in air quality
Well Lexmark is a highly recognizable name anywhere in the US at least.

Old 02-12-2009, 01:58 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,476,450 times
Lexington is also probably of the 10 snootiest cities in the world.

Old 02-12-2009, 02:09 PM

Snooty? No way, not Lex.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:22 PM

145 posts, read 518,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Lexington is also probably of the 10 snootiest cities in the world.
Here we go again. You must mean another Lexington. What makes this city seem so snooty to you? If you had a bad experience growing up here or something I am sorry to hear that but don't paint an entire place that way when it just doesn't seem to be the case. Every town has its problems and people that we wish weren't here but all in all the people seem friendly here. Please fill me in on your experiences and how you came to this opinion.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman1 View Post
Here we go again. You must mean another Lexington. What makes this city seem so snooty to you? If you had a bad experience growing up here or something I am sorry to hear that but don't paint an entire place that way when it just doesn't seem to be the case. Every town has its problems and people that we wish weren't here but all in all the people seem friendly here. Please fill me in on your experiences and how you came to this opinion.
I agree sandman!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area