Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 04:52 PM

891 posts, read 3,052,366 times

Advertisements

I will never apologize for being a UK fan! And I seriously don't understand people that somehow feel superior just because they don't have the same interests! It doesn't make one better or worse, smarter or not, it's just a difference of opinion. So don't feel holier than thou if you don't like UK Basketball.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 05:08 PM

508 posts, read 1,512,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryB View Post
Of course. And this is one of the reasons why Lexington fails at being considered a real city. Residents from real towns usually don't blindly follow a college basketball team, guys. Just for what its worth.

And then, most people from here who are reading this are probably thinking "Oh, what a bunch of BS!" are another reason why its a fail.

Actually, me even typing this is a fail on my part cause I know it's just gonna upset people & no one will actually give it a second thought, so I should probably just not even post stuff like this anymore. It does no good & just offends people (which really isn't my intention).
I can't help but call out your failure to make a valid argument when you proclaim Lexingtonians to be blindly following a college basketball team.

People move to "real towns", I suppose you mean big cities, and blindly follow the local pro teams all the time but that somehow makes more sense - ???

Loosen my friend, cheers

Old 01-25-2010, 05:16 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,897,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexingtongal View Post
So don't feel holier than thou if you don't like UK Basketball.
You have it backwards. The one's who worship UK athletics think THEY are holier than thou.

I can't wait for all these wins to be vacated by the NCAA.

Old 01-25-2010, 05:49 PM

666 posts, read 2,536,757 times
Quote:
Of course. And this is one of the reasons why Lexington fails at being considered a real city. Residents from real towns usually don't blindly follow a college basketball team, guys. Just for what its worth.

And then, most people from here who are reading this are probably thinking "Oh, what a bunch of BS!" are another reason why its a fail.

Actually, me even typing this is a fail on my part cause I know it's just gonna upset people & no one will actually give it a second thought, so I should probably just not even post stuff like this anymore. It does no good & just offends people (which really isn't my intention).
EVERYONE! DO NOT WATCH UK SPORTS ANYMORE! then maybe lexington will be a real city!! ...haha you crack me up.

And i think it was your intention to offend people, or else you probably wouldn't have posted anything.

Old 01-25-2010, 05:51 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,487,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
Seriously dude, why do you post here? You're constantly being a hater. This thread belongs here so deal with it.
Look who's talking. The KY fanboy who more than likely gets paid to live online & comb each thread, news story, etc to retaliate towards any negative KY comment or news whatsoever. All while providing no realistic insight or even halfway accurate info whatsoever because they live in some bizzaro fantasy world & never seen the light of day outside their home base.

If we went by what you say, E KY is like the best place to live ever. When in fact, its consistently rated one of the worst. That's just a fact, not opinion. So yeah dude, you have zero credibility. At least I point out the good & the bad for places (not just KY) & dont have some weird warped sense of state pride that prohibits me from being realistic.

But I'm sure some of the locals will keep giving you a boost & electronically high-fiving you, so carry on I guess. But anyone with half a brain knows you're full of it.

Old 01-25-2010, 06:40 PM

2,368 posts, read 5,103,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
You have it backwards. The one's who worship UK athletics think THEY are holier than thou.

I can't wait for all these wins to be vacated by the NCAA.
Why would they be vacated by the NCAA?

You're a Memphis fan aren't you?

Either way, I have ESPN College GameDay tickets, I'm excited!

Can't wait till the Ole Miss and Alabama games.

Anyone got Vandy tickets they wanna unload?

Old 01-25-2010, 09:40 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,897,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKUKUK View Post

Memphis fan...no. But at least they had the balls to play my team at one time or another.

Vacated wins?...just keep your eyes open. It's coming.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:49 PM

666 posts, read 2,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKUKUK View Post

I'm really mad, I went on ticketmaster earlier in the day to get tickets but didn't know how many I needed, so I went on a couple hours later and it was sold out! I should've known that would happen.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:15 PM

2,126 posts, read 6,801,677 times
Quote:
Except this isn't a sports forum. Why not take it there??
BTW, there is a thread in the New Orleans forum right now entitled "How Bout them Saints?" UK fans aren't alone in celebrating the local team.

What is up with these angry, whiny young men who seem to have highjacked the Lexington board recently?

Old 01-25-2010, 11:13 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,165,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc76 View Post
BTW, there is a thread in the New Orleans forum right now entitled "How Bout them Saints?" UK fans aren't alone in celebrating the local team.

What is up with these angry, whiny young men who seem to have highjacked the Lexington board recently?

They are whiny and angry...not sure all of them are all that young though...lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
View detailed profiles of: