Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2011, 11:49 AM

263 posts, read 757,345 times

Advertisements

Hi! I have always wanted to see the Little Rock area. I am thinking of traveling solo to Little Rock over the long Christmas weekend. What is the best area of the city for me to stay in as far as accessiblity, safety, resturants, shopping and ect. I also would like an area that I will not need a rental car, if possible.

Thanks in advance for any advice and suggestions!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 01:59 PM

2,457 posts, read 7,378,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestSideGirl310 View Post
Hi! I have always wanted to see the Little Rock area. I am thinking of traveling solo to Little Rock over the long Christmas weekend. What is the best area of the city for me to stay in as far as accessiblity, safety, resturants, shopping and ect. I also would like an area that I will not need a rental car, if possible.

Thanks in advance for any advice and suggestions!!
Depends on what you want to do. There are a couple hotels in downtown L.R. and some across the river in North Little Rock. The downtown ones are within walking distance of the River Market which is the "night life" and restaurant area and the ones in NLR are within a short cab ride. Shopping is another matter; depending on what you are looking for.

December weather is very unpredictable. It can be shirt-sleeve weather one day and a couple days later you will need a parka.

Welcome, and have a great trip and visit.

Old 07-21-2011, 05:34 PM

2 posts, read 2,914 times
Default Peabody

If you're not tight on money I would stay in the Peabody Hotel. It is right smack in the middle of Downtown LR and right outside the front doors is the trolley track. Plus there are always taxis waiting outside to pick up customers. It's a safe area and near lots of museums and also near the rivermarket. It's a very nice hotel. Now if you're looking for low budget then I would suggest looking right where the I-40 and I-30 meet. There's a little hotel row, if you will, that includes a Motel 6, Holiday Inn, Best Western, and Quality Inn but you will need to take a taxi seeing as it's more North Little Rock than downtown.

Old 07-21-2011, 07:03 PM

24 posts, read 56,284 times
I would get a rental car. The city is so spread out you want to be able to get around. Although downtown is nice, you don't want to spend a long weekend down there. But downtown would be a nice place to stay.

Old 07-23-2011, 09:07 AM

103 posts, read 259,894 times
I see you are from peen. Well is from one of the bigger cities their, night life maybe a little disappointing. Little Rock is a lovely small metro but has some great restaurants. Loca Luna, Cajun Warf, and flying Fish. Flying fish is right in downtown and all of you chill out and cool bars are right there. But there are many areas to check out for shopping. Park Plaza small but nice, The Promenade a upcoming and coming shopping area far from downtown but I love going there. They are building an apple store and Nike outlet out there right now. Also a few promising restaurants out that way as well, I love that area remind me of one of the shopping strips back home in KC. Oh and IF you like sushi Sushi Cafe is the place to go. That one of the only places I can go to and the atmosphere make you feel like you in a big city lol. Great sushi been slacking a little bit, but still great. some of the best I have had period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area