Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2012, 04:45 PM

3 posts, read 5,335 times

Advertisements

My family and I are moving to LR in June and are looking to rent for at least a year before looking to buy. We are not really suburb kind of people and really hope to be in a fairly walkable area, although school district is the #1 determining factor for location.

I have been researching school districts and have determined that Forest Park, Jefferson, or Pulaski Heights are the elementary school districts we would like to be in.

Does anyone have any recommendations for Property Management Companies that deal with rentals in those areas? Or does anyone have friends with a couple of rentals? We are business professionals, previous home owners, and have excellent credit.

Thanks for any input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 05:38 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,273,106 times
NewFamily, you are looking at Hillcrest or Cammack Village in Little Rock - Cammack is it's own little incorporated world in the far north Heights area with it's own elementary school, pool, park, etc. The houses in Cammack generally are a little on the small side, though. Don't know if that's the age for schools you're looking for, but it is a fabulous area that is nestled up to a very wealthy area and close to the seminary.

As far as Hillcrest, look at this site - about the 5th house down, home for rent in Hillcrest. I know that house, it's great.

http://www.rentals.com/Arkansas/Cammack-Village/

Other than that, Rector Phillips Morse is big for rentals, particularly in the Heights/Hillcrest/Cammack area. You may also be happy in Leawood if you are just walking for fun - if you're walking to the grocery, cleaners, post office, etc., then Heights/Hillcrest.

BR/BA requirements? I may know someone but I'd have to get in touch with him. If you are familiar with Little Rock at all, he has rehabbed some houses up south, above Cajun's but east and north of the deaf school. DM me if you need any info on that.

Oh - WELCOME!

Old 04-11-2012, 05:39 PM

Well, I forgot the link and for whatever reason my edit button is gone -

Homes for Rent in Cammack Village - Rental Homes in Arkansas

Old 04-11-2012, 11:46 PM

Thank you so much for the quick reply and useful info. I checked out Rector Phillips Morse website and it looks like they may have something currently available that meets our criteria. I probably should have mentioned we are looking for 3bd/1.5 to 2 ba. Also, we have a wonderful 8 yr old chocolate lab, so the rental must allow pets.

As for the link you provided, I will keep my eye on it. I had not been to that website before, but the particular house you mentioned is being rented by a showhomes agency, which means as soon as it sells, we would have to move. That's probably not the best situation for us. I hate moving!

Craigslist is rampant with scammers these days, especially in Little Rock, for some reason. It's really making it hard to use that resource, so I truly appreciate the input.

Thank you!

Old 04-12-2012, 04:08 AM

New Family, I do have a contact who will have several houses in Stifft Station coming open but it might be a couple of months, which may fit with your move time and would be in the school districts you speak of. Be happy to set you up. Also, if you want to send me a private note I'd be glad to help you sort out addresses. My sister also lives just west of Edgehill and her hobby is snooping houses, LOL! Her kids went to Forest Park and loved it - she still has one there and two in middle school at Pulaski Heights.

Holler if we can be of further help, and again - welcome to Little Rock!

Old 04-18-2012, 09:59 PM

Anyone know anything about Vantage Point apartments on Rebsamen? They seem okay from their website, but there a couple of older reviews online that are not complimentary. It would get us into a good school district.

Old 05-12-2012, 01:05 PM

7 posts, read 14,098 times
hi There! Any info on houses to rent would be greatly appreciated. I looked at link above and we need 2/2 the one listed has window units for ac which we dont want. thanks!

Old 05-12-2012, 02:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,682 times
Possibly moving to North Little Rock. Can anyone tell me what school district is the best and if there are pet friendly homes to rent? Near the water if possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area