Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 03:17 PM

83 posts, read 174,441 times

Advertisements

Costco announced a new retail store in Little Rock, the first in the state. It will open in 2021 at the Rock Creek Commons development at the SW corner of Kirk Road and Chenal Parkway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2020, 04:38 PM

1,948 posts, read 1,515,483 times
Little Rock is certainly busy enough to deserve a Costco. I would imagine that company would like to be very successful in the Land of Walmart.

And Nashville deserved that IKEA store that was put into Memphis--a bad move.

Old 04-29-2020, 09:13 AM

1,394 posts, read 1,401,092 times
i actually think the location and the similarity to sam's will be a hit for west little rock. plus, the kroger next door might be one of the best grocery stores in the state.

that west lr sam's is a nightmare most of the time in terms of parking, traffic congestion and just overall quality of shopping. i think the walmart next door has a better shopping experience than the sam's. the sam's has all the business they want and it shows in their response to their customers.

yeah, i think the costco will be very successful and maybe even improve the customer experience at the sam's wlr. nothing like losing a big chuck of your business to adjust your attitude.

Old 04-29-2020, 10:10 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,753,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamaman1 View Post
Little Rock is certainly busy enough to deserve a Costco. I would imagine that company would like to be very successful in the Land of Walmart.

And Nashville deserved that IKEA store that was put into Memphis--a bad move.
I think Costco will do fine in Little Rock. Target seems to. Not everyone in Arkansas are Walmart fans.
As for IKEA in Memphis over Nashville, I love it. Memphis is pretty cool and Nashville is over-hyped for what it is. It's a Kardashian city, popular for being popular and the rest of us aren't sure why.
Strategically, IKEA, while trying to expand, is still a regional store. I'm sure Nashville will get one in due time though.

Old 04-29-2020, 11:20 AM

1,394 posts, read 1,401,092 times
couldn't rep you again so soon, but i agree with your post

Old 04-29-2020, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
I think Costco will do fine in Little Rock. Target seems to. Not everyone in Arkansas are Walmart fans.
As for IKEA in Memphis over Nashville, I love it. Memphis is pretty cool and Nashville is over-hyped for what it is. It's a Kardashian city, popular for being popular and the rest of us aren't sure why.
Strategically, IKEA, while trying to expand, is still a regional store. I'm sure Nashville will get one in due time though.
I didn't realize IKEA wasn't in Nashville too, but I totally agree with you about the comparisons. I think the Memphis-Nashville comparisons are not unlike Central vs. Northwest Arkansas.

Old 04-29-2020, 01:48 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
You can be pro or negative toward Walmart and still support Costco. One has nothing to do with the other. I have to say, I am surprised they are coming to AR but I think it is great news. Costco is a great big box store just like Sam's. People can like one or both without caring one way or the other about Walmart.

Old 04-29-2020, 02:40 PM

I believe the DemGaz article noted that the Little Rock market is one of, if not the biggest in the U.S. without a Costco.

p.s. I think this is also true, coincidentally, of Porsche...STILL don't know why they don't have a dealer here (considering some of the notably smaller (and less affluent) markets where they do).

Old 04-30-2020, 05:20 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latunafish View Post
i actually think the location and the similarity to sam's will be a hit for west little rock. plus, the kroger next door might be one of the best grocery stores in the state.

that west lr sam's is a nightmare most of the time in terms of parking, traffic congestion and just overall quality of shopping. i think the walmart next door has a better shopping experience than the sam's. the sam's has all the business they want and it shows in their response to their customers.

yeah, i think the costco will be very successful and maybe even improve the customer experience at the sam's wlr. nothing like losing a big chuck of your business to adjust your attitude.
Both living in Texas and NM we had Costso and Sam's relatively near one another and in both places they were quite successful. Any city the size of Little Rock can easily support both stores. Good luck Little Rock now you have Trader Joe's as well. For that I envy you!!!!

Old 04-30-2020, 07:54 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,753,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
You can be pro or negative toward Walmart and still support Costco. One has nothing to do with the other. I have to say, I am surprised they are coming to AR but I think it is great news. Costco is a great big box store just like Sam's. People can like one or both without caring one way or the other about Walmart.
I agree. However, Walmart and Sam's are two peas in a pod, and people who don't like Walmart aren't as likely to shop at Sam's either but might otherwise consider Costco. Of course, there's a whole spectrum of who will and won't shop where. My other point was that people aren't always loyal to something just because of where it's based, so non-Walmart department stores have usually done well enough in Arkansas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area