Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 11:51 AM

3 posts, read 6,942 times

Advertisements

I am thinking of moving from Michgian to Little Rock area as that is where my daughter has chosen to raise my 2 grandchildren. I love historic homes and really looking to rent for now until I can make a final decision. I have heard the weather was very hot in the summer, and muggy. Although, we have horrible winters in Michigan, so I guess that tradeoff would be acceptable. I have heard that Arkansas does not welcome "yankees", although my daughter does not think that is true. Just looking for some insight into the area and the people. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 07:56 PM

350 posts, read 1,288,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvonne pinter View Post
I am thinking of moving from Michgian to Little Rock area as that is where my daughter has chosen to raise my 2 grandchildren. I love historic homes and really looking to rent for now until I can make a final decision. I have heard the weather was very hot in the summer, and muggy. Although, we have horrible winters in Michigan, so I guess that tradeoff would be acceptable. I have heard that Arkansas does not welcome "yankees", although my daughter does not think that is true. Just looking for some insight into the area and the people. Thanks.
Little Rock tends to be a little more diverse than that, there are a lot of Northerners that relocated South. I don't think that would be the problem.

I would look at the Hillcrest area for rentals for older homes. The Quapaw Quarter and Argenta areas near downtown are great in terms of history but don't offer the security and walkability that Hillcrest does.

Old 01-14-2009, 05:12 PM

61 posts, read 213,568 times
im a mommy of 2 that justmovedto central AR. If you can come for a visit try to. The crime rate is high but its usually limited to certain areas. i mean if you are a good person and dont get involved in bad activity then all you have to do is know where to stay away from. this will be easy to learn. My best suggestion to you is to look in the Bryant Ar area and the Maumelle Ar area. Both have great schools. Clean areas to live and great people. Im in Bryant right now but am really thinking hard about moving to maumelle so we can be closer to all the action but still be off to the side you know what I mean. Maumelle has recycling which is important to me. The one thing i do/dont like about Bryant is that alot of it is situated aroudn the Interstate which is both good and bad. Bad becuase yuck its the interstate I dont want my kids growing up driving around I-30. on the other hand you can get anywhere in the area in like 5 minutes! Bryant or Maumelle.

Old 01-14-2009, 05:20 PM

61 posts, read 213,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvonne pinter View Post
Hey Yvonne
I think it is so totally worth moving to be closer to your grandbabies. It doesnt matter where you are but who your with =) I dont think people are so close minded here. If someone doesnt like you cause your a yank then prove them wrong. Or go one about your buisness. There are lots of transplants here youll find. The weather is humid here but I like it. I spent the last 3 years in AZ and when we moved back here i literally rehydrated!!! The summers are hot and muggy but its a good trade to your winters =) There are tons of lakes and creeks to esape the summer heat. I experienced it this year from July on and to be honest it was not that bad. Only about a week of it was i like "oh my" but the rest of it was somewhat plesant. That is after being in the desert though. After that a trip in the microwave seems like a break =)~ Come for a visit the hottest time in summer and also this spring so you can get an idea before you move here. Hope i helped =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area