Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 09:03 AM

1,359 posts, read 5,656,873 times

Advertisements

Long Beach has nany singles and couples, summer and not. That is not a problem at all...one of, if not the, best place on LI for this type of demographic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 10:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,913 times
I graduated from Long Beach High School a year ago and am currently attending Tulane University, which is a Top 50 University. Long Beach High School graduates kids that go to Ivys and other top schools every year. Last year our salutatorian went to Yale, our valedictorian went to Georgetown, and two other kids went to Harvard and Columbia. Three other girls in my grade went to Tulane with me, and two girls went to Cornell. The schools are what you make of them. If your child works hard and takes all APs and Honors classes and does their best they can do anything with the Long Beach school district. Sending your kids to private school while living in LB would be a waste of money.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:41 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antipode12 View Post
I've had a few friends recently (young, 30-ish) sell their co-ops and move out of LB mainly because the commute *off* LB to elsewhere (work, friends) was too long. It can be congested and LB is really off the beaten path.
omg it takes a half hour just to get to the southern state- ridiculous

Old 06-30-2009, 08:44 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citychik View Post
Hi... what trains go out there and how long does it take to get into Manhattan on average? Thanks!
It's about an hour commute...the morning trains come about every 20 mins/half hour until 8:08...the train after that is 9 something and then they start coming once every hour until the afternoon rush. There's a 7:04, 7:23, 7:39, 8:03 & 8:08 to Penn in the AM's.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:26 AM

177 posts, read 893,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevee View Post
Maybe you had a bad experience, however it is my opinion that
South Nassau Communities Hospital is among the BEST in Nassau County. I have had MANY, MANY experiences there, both personally and through many family members and friends. I also work in the healthcare field.
I can assure you...its VERY good.

Long Beach...well thats another story.
You are absolutely right about that. Long Beach Hospital is a nightmare. Mercy is pretty old, run down and out of date, as well. South Nassau has some of the best technology and doctors in the area. Can't say enough good things from personal / family experiences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island