Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 08:02 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,800,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by W33ZER View Post
We all know heroin, opiates, and xanax run rampant on long island in the middle to upper class areas (predominantly used by white teenagers with too much time and $ on their hands). We also know the police and FBI are really starting to crack down on this with countless arrests of users and dealers. Using snitches to bust the big wigs one by one. And a big thumbs up to the police for doing so! *Heroin is the most disgusting thing on L.I. and I wish it would go away. R.I.P. all my friends who have died in the past 5 years alone from this ***** ...

ANYWAY...

Why was it not even reported in the news that Fire Island Pines had 50+ overdoses this summer season alone notably at the "Pines Party" and also at "Ascension Party" ... known circuit parties.

Constant airlifts from Fire Island to the hospital at Patchouge all throughout the night.

If there were 50 overdoses in Smithtown over 5 months, martial law would be declared! LOL.

And to mention -- no drug arrests were even made, all summer long! Not ONE!
Hello W33ZER-

I just wanted to mention that earlier (10-14), I posted my feelings about your inquisitive post. I returned here to this thread to see if there was any
feedback relative to my thoughts and to the discussion at hand. It was disappointing to find that the moderator of this forum (Nancythereader) had deleted
my comment, the given reason being, I was "rude and homophobic". I spoke from my heart, not wanting to demean anyone, posted my feelings, my observations
or my sexual persuasions. I tried to put together a string of words which would clarify my point of view relative to Fire Island and my perception of what the very name,
Fire Island, conjured in my mind. Yes, I spoke candidly and with careful selection of my verbiage so as not to offend anyone. I have come to treasure the privilege of having
an account with city-data and wouldn't jeopardize that for a moment,. I've been a proud and continuing member since June of this year and if you look at the R2P (Rep to posts)
ratio, I get the feeling that I'm right on target with my posted thoughts, not a wingnut, a troll or bulk poster but someone that attempts to communicate while keeping thought in
the process.

The situation there in Fire Island, whether it be the drugs or the overdoses, the airlifts or the parties, the gays or the straights, the blacks or the whites, the rich or the poor, the
resident or the transient, I based my response in candid honesty and did not overtly seek to be judgmental toward any particular population segment. I've come to feel fairly or
reasonably secure in the understanding that city-data has seen fit to set up a system of forum moderators, an arrangement that keeps this site free of the frothy tide of the
riff-raff, those internet detractors which serve to keep us planting strawberries there on farmville instead of intermingling with others out here on a mind enriching website.

I guess that what is not settling too well with me,
is the fact that, much like it is with our faltering government here in NY, we've been over administered. Could it be
that in the same ways that we have accepted a form of governance that gives us little or no redress from what we as individuals might come to perceive as basic
but arbitrary, censorship on the part of those who are sent or appointed to regulate our issuance? An example of this might be in the removal of this very post
because by some stretch of a moderators understanding of protocol or city data's, "terms of service". Perhaps a few of the onlookers will be offering me
cheese with my whine but that will serve me well and give me purpose to come out here and play. If I were a moderator, I'd strive to understand
those whom I were charged with monitoring and moderating. I would want to moderate in fairness and be willing to defend my decisions upon
more than my personal interpretation of what I deemed acceptable and in accordance with house rules. If my deleted post was at all
offensive to ANYONE, I apologize, it is not like me to be offensive. I thank you for your understanding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 08:14 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,246,014 times
Quote:
Not exactly true...

Then what is it?

Old 10-21-2010, 10:03 AM

84 posts, read 195,206 times
Once Again, it is a wooden trail between the Grove & Pines. Its primary usage is for a route between the two.

In specific areas of the DUNES (which is not a forest, NOT the meatrack) , have been known "sex spots"

Its a known fact to the islanders that strait outsiders who know nothing of the gay side love to exaggerate and make up their own little stories in their mind... I suppose to fulfill their own fantasy.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:11 PM

1,919 posts, read 5,770,208 times
Quote:
Thats not even true, but people will want to believe that anyway.

"Free For All" - Rofl. You've clearly never been there.

LOL! If you say so. The place is worse than the Park and Rides at exit 49 and 52. About 8 years ago I saw some S&M stuff I could never repeat here. This is not the place to discuss gay men's sexual desires. For those who are curious go to the "meat rack" and see for yourself. Never been there. LOL!

Old 10-21-2010, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Once Again, it is a wooden trail between the Grove & Pines. Its primary usage is for a route between the two.

In specific areas of the DUNES (which is not a forest, NOT the meatrack) , have been known "sex spots"

Its a known fact to the islanders that strait outsiders who know nothing of the gay side love to exaggerate and make up their own little stories in their mind... I suppose to fulfill their own fantasy.

You need to walk off that trail once in awhile. Find out the reason why it's called the "meat rack." Obviously no one has lured you off of it.

Old 10-22-2010, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nevets View Post
You need to walk off that trail once in awhile. Find out the reason why it's called the "meat rack." Obviously no one has lured you off of it.
Once again hunnie for those who can't read well...

There are designated "sex spots" in the Dunes in off-trail areas.

95% Of the "MeatRack" is simply wildlife and a nature trail for easy access through the two towns.

I know what your trying to imply, and your not going to get past me.

Might I ask, are you Gay? Or just just someone extremely interested in how a small minority of men on Fire Island behave sexually. Do naked men surrounded by sand, mud, and mosquitos turn you on sexually?

Old 10-22-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nevets View Post
This is not the place to discuss gay men's sexual desires

Your the only one who has brought up the meatrack

Your the only one talking about gay sex spots in the meatrack

Your the only one talking about encountering gay men in the meatrack having S&M Sex

Your the only one comparing gay sex to prostitution spots in poverty-striken areas of Long Island

Your the only one pushing the subject, even though time after time I have to keep correcting you.

Anyone else confused? This man sure is!

Old 10-22-2010, 09:39 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,246,014 times
Quote:
Your the only one who has brought up the meatrack

Your the only one talking about gay sex spots in the meatrack

Your the only one talking about encountering gay men in the meatrack having S&M Sex

Your the only one comparing gay sex to prostitution spots in poverty-striken areas of Long Island

Your the only one pushing the subject, even though time after time I have to keep correcting you.

Anyone else confused? This man sure is!
To me, it seems the name "Meat Rack" for a simple innocent wildlife area would be a little odd unless there was quite a bit more to it than that. I doubt I will ever be there so I could care less what they call and what the truth is it but "Meat Rack" sounds a little unique to me.

Old 10-23-2010, 12:37 AM

lol... the real name is the judy garland trail.

the offical name is not "meatrack"

Old 10-23-2010, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Once again hunnie for those who can't read well...

There are designated "sex spots" in the Dunes in off-trail areas.

95% Of the "MeatRack" is simply wildlife and a nature trail for easy access through the two towns.

I know what your trying to imply, and your not going to get past me.

Might I ask, are you Gay? Or just just someone extremely interested in how a small minority of men on Fire Island behave sexually. Do naked men surrounded by sand, mud, and mosquitos turn you on sexually?

I experimented in my younger days. I was fascinated by the bear scene.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island