Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 03:28 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,401,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcnret View Post
And yours is producing a constant stream of hysterical and ill-informed comments (on virtually every subject being discussed) simply to let the world know that you're there.
Again.

I've noticed that your stock-in-trade is to make personal attacks when you're in over your head in discussing a particular subject. This little display is no different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 03:50 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,766,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottzilla View Post
No way man, they have them airport scanners that show your ugly naked body to highly trained TSA agents. We're safe now.
+1

Quote:
As always, the intent is to kill as many Americans as possible. And it won't be at the airport.

Most likely targets include transit systems
Great, then taxpayers wasted billions of dollars donated to the likes of Michael Chertoff and his group, for these useless naked body scanners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwsdq69AHnw

Old 02-18-2011, 03:59 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,310,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
Great, then taxpayers wasted billions of dollars donated to the likes of Michael Chertoff and his group, for these useless naked body scanners.
We finally agree on something.

If you're being serious, that is.

Old 02-18-2011, 04:27 PM

999 posts, read 2,364,303 times
I was on a air base.... i believe i was 14 at the time...

My dad was a captain, i had some fringe benefits with areas i could go...
Some of the personal on the base around the hangers and planes knew my dad...
Not the mp's that weren't thrilled with me taking pics of f-14's and the presidents chase planes...

Needless to say, i was hauled off like a sack of potatoes that was rotten and my camera ripped from me and the film ripped from the camera right then...

YOU, have no rights on the property of ANY military installation, it is THERE rules... not the U.S. constitution and or any civil rights....

Why the sheriffs are involved has me suspicious, that was a military issue and the mp's should have hauled her off...

Needless to say i was further punished with some physical punishment also, the mp's did the right thing, they felt bad for me afterwards when the beating was worse than the fear of the beating...

However, thats the rules... somewhere i missed the part where my dad said no pictures, you can look and ask to touch...

Old 02-18-2011, 05:00 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,143,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMA View Post
I was on a air base.... i believe i was 14 at the time...

My dad was a captain, i had some fringe benefits with areas i could go...
Some of the personal on the base around the hangers and planes knew my dad...
Not the mp's that weren't thrilled with me taking pics of f-14's and the presidents chase planes...

Needless to say, i was hauled off like a sack of potatoes that was rotten and my camera ripped from me and the film ripped from the camera right then...

YOU, have no rights on the property of ANY military installation, it is THERE rules... not the U.S. constitution and or any civil rights....

Why the sheriffs are involved has me suspicious, that was a military issue and the mp's should have hauled her off...

Needless to say i was further punished with some physical punishment also, the mp's did the right thing, they felt bad for me afterwards when the beating was worse than the fear of the beating...

However, thats the rules... somewhere i missed the part where my dad said no pictures, you can look and ask to touch...
The US Air Force Security Forces inside the base called the Suffolk County Sheriff's Office which has overall responsibility for security and law enforcement at Gabreski Airport and it's immediate surroundings.

US Army MPs, US Marine Corps MPs, US Navy Master at Arms ratings, and US Air Force Security Forces cannot go off base property.

Old 02-18-2011, 06:35 PM

1,615 posts, read 3,590,084 times
Quote:
Intel sources confirm that we are in for a series of smaller, more numerous attacks by suicide/homicide bombers or VBIEDs. The attacks will come from homegrown terrorists -- second generation immigrants or other disenfranchised groups who been radicalized -- with only loose ties to Al Qaeda and other extremist organizations. As always, the intent is to kill as many Americans as possible. And it won't be at the airport.

Most likely targets include transit systems (terrorist attacks of late have been aimed at rail systems: Madrid, 2004; London, 2005; etc.) and large gatherings of people (such as Times Square or Penn Station.) The professionals who are protecting you are the FBI and other law enforcement agencies who are regularly detecting and foiling terrorist attacks. What you get to read about in the papers in only the tip of the iceberg.

Not to mention several hits on military recruiting stations and military installations such as Ft. Hood and Ft. Dix. Military bases are targets and there have been casualties. The military updates its threat conditions and levels continuously.

Old 02-18-2011, 06:37 PM

1,615 posts, read 3,590,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
+1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwsdq69AHnw
No way. Pequa and I agree that the TSA is useless and violates our constitutional rights.

Old 02-18-2011, 10:33 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,179,162 times
Quote:
Intel sources confirm that we are in for a series of smaller, more numerous attacks by suicide/homicide bombers or VBIEDs. The attacks will come from homegrown terrorists -- second generation immigrants or other disenfranchised groups who been radicalized -- with only loose ties to Al Qaeda and other extremist organizations. As always, the intent is to kill as many Americans as possible. And it won't be at the airport.

Most likely targets include transit systems (terrorist attacks of late have been aimed at rail systems: Madrid, 2004; London, 2005; etc.) and large gatherings of people (such as Times Square or Penn Station.) The professionals who are protecting you are the FBI and other law enforcement agencies who are regularly detecting and foiling terrorist attacks. What you get to read about in the papers in only the tip of the iceberg.
Toss in the one that few want to mention, school hostage situation like Beslan. Also, when we had the Beltway sniper attacks down here a few years back it gave a glimpse to what two a-holes could do with little training and a little creativity.

As a right winger with a CHP I think the woman was an idiot. When carrying or even transporting you don't do dumb stuff like she did. From some accounts she was the perfect example of what not to do when dealing with LE, especially the kind she and her three "kids" were dealing with.

Old 02-19-2011, 12:34 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,401,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
Toss in the one that few want to mention, school hostage situation like Beslan. Also, when we had the Beltway sniper attacks down here a few years back it gave a glimpse to what two a-holes could do with little training and a little creativity.

As a right winger with a CHP I think the woman was an idiot. When carrying or even transporting you don't do dumb stuff like she did. From some accounts she was the perfect example of what not to do when dealing with LE, especially the kind she and her three "kids" were dealing with.
The account related in the blog post at the beginning of this thread seemed grossly exaggerated and cheesily overdramatized.

For example, I really DOUBT any deputy meeting/arresting her for the first time is going to go on and on calling her a "teabagger" and threatening her for being one. Come on! What the heck would he know about her and what the heck would he care?

Old 02-19-2011, 01:11 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,485,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
The account related in the blog post at the beginning of this thread seemed grossly exaggerated and cheesily overdramatized.

For example, I really DOUBT any deputy meeting/arresting her for the first time is going to go on and on calling her a "teabagger" and threatening her for being one. Come on! What the heck would he know about her and what the heck would he care?
Haven't been around for a while, ehh? Anyone having any sort of conservative thought are baby-killing, seal clubbing, whale slaying, anti-enviromentalist who think that the wild west was the ultimate form of government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island