Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 07:36 AM

20,936 posts, read 28,432,613 times

Advertisements

these past few days and today has been summer weather and if it continues we can all save on heat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 09:52 AM

38 posts, read 32,857 times
Forget heat, we turned the A/C on yesterday! Crazy!

Old 10-24-2011, 07:48 PM

Well I broke down today and turned on the heat. it was 62 in the house this morning. Going to lower the heat tonight because I don't like it when it's too warm while I sleep. Friday will the last day I am using oil for heat. By Satrday night I will have gas heat. Yeah!

Old 10-25-2011, 08:28 AM

137 posts, read 249,403 times
Ya, this past week I've turned on the heat several times for about 10 minutes in the am till it makes 68 degrees, then shut it off again for the rest of the day. It's been in the low 60s indoors when I wake and I just can't stand it. Gee whiz I'm really going soft here in my middle years, becoming so cold averse! We haven't run it at night at all yet, we both prefer it cool when we sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Well I broke down today and turned on the heat. it was 62 in the house this morning. Going to lower the heat tonight because I don't like it when it's too warm while I sleep. Friday will the last day I am using oil for heat. By Satrday night I will have gas heat. Yeah!
lubby, good luck with your new gas setup! The current savings using gas instead of oil, coupled with the efficiency of a shiny new setup? -Nice. I think you'll be very pleased. We average about 500G of COD oil a year (heat & hot water) so it's not really worth it for us to convert... not yet, anyway. My hubby (runs a heating/plumbing supply store) has been seeing a LOT of interest & activity in gas conversions this fall, the most he's seen in all his years in the trade! We're both very eager to see the inventory & numbers at the end of the month to verify if this gas conversion activity is as high as it seems.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyriel View Post
Ya, this past week I've turned on the heat several times for about 10 minutes in the am till it makes 68 degrees, then shut it off again for the rest of the day. It's been in the low 60s indoors when I wake and I just can't stand it. Gee whiz I'm really going soft here in my middle years, becoming so cold averse! We haven't run it at night at all yet, we both prefer it cool when we sleep.

lubby, good luck with your new gas setup! The current savings using gas instead of oil, coupled with the efficiency of a shiny new setup? -Nice. I think you'll be very pleased. We average about 500G of COD oil a year (heat & hot water) so it's not really worth it for us to convert... not yet, anyway. My hubby (runs a heating/plumbing supply store) has been seeing a LOT of interest & activity in gas conversions this fall, the most he's seen in all his years in the trade! We're both very eager to see the inventory & numbers at the end of the month to verify if this gas conversion activity is as high as it seems.
Thanks, with gas already coming into the house we decided it was better to convert to gas heat as well.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:50 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
The one room with radiant has been clicking on and the slab is warm, but not hot. The remainder of the house (baseboards) turned on once or twice overnight. They're set at 62.

Old 10-25-2011, 04:06 PM

638 posts, read 1,282,263 times
No heat yet here. We're outdoor types, so even in January the thermostat is on 65 during the day, and dropped to 40something at night!!

Old 10-25-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PONYPULR View Post
No heat yet here. We're outdoor types, so even in January the thermostat is on 65 during the day, and dropped to 40something at night!!
That's nuts I cannot sleep when it's that cold in the house. Right now it's 71 in my house and the heat is off. You say you are outdoor types then you must love camping. I could not see my self camping out in the cold weather.

Old 10-25-2011, 06:10 PM

1,144 posts, read 2,670,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
That's nuts I cannot sleep when it's that cold in the house. Right now it's 71 in my house and the heat is off. You say you are outdoor types then you must love camping. I could not see my self camping out in the cold weather.
Going cold weather camping this weekend (I hope)!

Old 10-25-2011, 06:53 PM

I could sleep outside i maybe 60-65 degrees but anything colder than that I want to be indoors
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: