Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 08:11 PM

3 posts, read 3,709 times

Advertisements

Who are you voting for in your district?

I'm going down the democratic line this year. Gary Port for supervisor is a must for me, Kate Murray has been in there long enough and has done nothing!

I'm really excited about Ethan Irwin aswell, he's running for county legislator in my district.
his fb page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ethan-...95815520468400
The guy he is running against, Dennis has been in office for quite a number of years, and the last time he has drafted any legislation was 2007. It's time to get someone doing something for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 08:21 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,107,338 times
I know who I am NOT voting for: Steve "full of baloney" Bellone. He's nothing but a puppet for the SCPD PBA and other public sector unions.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:07 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times
I am done with Kate Murray. Just hope her opponent is worthy of voting for! That is the big problem I had with getting rid of Suozzi. I was glad NOT to vote for him, but look who we ended up with. D*mned if you do, d*mned if you don't.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:42 AM

398 posts, read 838,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
I know who I am NOT voting for: Steve "full of baloney" Bellone. He's nothing but a puppet for the SCPD PBA and other public sector unions.
I haven't been following the candidates, but doesn't he have a commercial mentioning his cutting costs in the schools, and lowering taxes in Babylon?

Old 09-08-2011, 10:17 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,107,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyliguy View Post
I haven't been following the candidates, but doesn't he have a commercial mentioning his cutting costs in the schools, and lowering taxes in Babylon?
That's not possible being that the town supervisor has no control over school district taxes. That is a matter for the individual school boards.

The only way I would support Bellone is if he:

- implements a 30% pay cut to all Suffolk County Police officers from recruits to the commissioner.
- amends the Suffolk County Charter to allow towns and villages to opt out of the Suffolk County Police District. Nassau allows it, so why not Suffolk? In the last few years alone about 3 Nassau villages have left the Nassau County Police District. However when Lindenhurst and Patchogue announced they wanted to ditch the county police and reform their village police departments the SCPD PBA threw a hissy fit and forced the county legislature to re-write the county charter barring a town or village from ever leaving the police district. Talk about ego ...

Old 11-05-2011, 03:29 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,800,286 times
Angie Carpenter's recent endorsement from that clod Giuliani, is little more than a kiss of death to her campaign! Carpenter is a number-cruncher, certainly not a politically savvy
contender although, if she decided to switch parties, she'd make a fine clerk in Steve's office as soon as he's installed as the county executive. A comparison between Bellone and
Carpenter, is not exactly "apples to oranges", and it is my sincere hope, that Suffolk County voters put their faith in Steve Bellone, they'll not be disappointed in his performance curve,
nor in the way that he treats us taxpayers. For those disbelievers, I only ask you to hide and watch the sweeping victory as we voters cast our ballots as Mr. Bellone glides into office.
Pay no attention to those whiners who accuse him of raising our taxes here in Babylon Township, as far as I can see, they're regurgitating the sour grapes of premonitory defeat. As for
myself, my 5 children, 8 grandchildren and 2 great grandchildren, I'm struggling to make ends meet, unemployed and living on a meager Social Security stipend, I own a modest Cape-Cod
home on a sprawling 1/8th of an acre, bought this home 37 years ago with a $750.00 per annum property tax then, but am paying the best part of a $6,000 tax nut today. Sure, taxes
have risen, but there's no sector in the private or public arena which hasn't partied on my wallet in one way or another since I moved in. I appeal to your sense of responsibility, when
asking you to see that Steve Bellone has dedicated his entire adult life to serving the community, the public at large. This is not a time to show loyalty to partisan consideration, to follow
the footsteps of those whose endorsements are steeped in political tradition rather than careful consideration of candidate credentials. Steve Bellone is the best choice for you to make,
and I just know that you'll be supporting him in the voting booth. Lastly, I'm not related to Steve, don't have a son or daughter on the county payroll, an axe to grind with Angie Carpenter,
or an attention deficit disorder. I just believe that Bellone is the best choice that one can make while viewing the current state of affairs that the whole of Long Island is in.

Steve Bellone, thank you....wmv - YouTube

Old 11-05-2011, 05:00 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,500,512 times
Democrat across the board!

Old 11-05-2011, 05:59 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,706,112 times
Some people just never learn

Old 11-05-2011, 06:42 PM

886 posts, read 2,647,354 times
The Babylon Bellone Team has claimed to give us a “tax cut.” All you need to do is look at your own
property tax bill to understand how they make that claim. When it comes to garbage fees, generally
all charges are the same for each type of home. For a single family home, you paid $499.08 per year
from December 1, 2006 through November 30, 2010. That is four straight years at $499.08. For the
year December 1, 2010 to November 30, 2011 that fee was dropped by $101.91 to $398.17. On the
surface that sounds great, but how did the Bellone Team do it? If one thinks about it, the garbage
men did not take a pay cut and fuel prices did not go down. How did expenses drop by over 20%?
How did garbage collection expenses drop an additional 20% as recently announced for the 2011-
2012 budget?
To make it simple, YOU were intentionally overcharged for garbage services for all years prior to
2011. Then, Steve Bellone needed to show an accomplishment to run for Suffolk County Executive.
Stopping the overcharge and calling it a “tax cut” was the answer! The proof of the overcharge
is in the NYS Comptroller’s web site. Repeatedly, the NYS Comptroller has requested the Bellone
Team to stop the budget gimmicks that justified the overcharge. Why was nothing done about the
overcharge you may wonder? The answers to that question are complicated, but suffice to say the
NYS Comptroller and Suffolk County D.A. are both Democrats. No one wanted to rock the boat.
So what happened to the money we overpaid?
I cannot get a straight answer because all five people on the Babylon Town Board are Democrats
interested only in self-preservation. I do know that at least $6 million was taken to build a sewer line
for the Wyandanch Commercial District. There was another $11 million paid out of the garbage fund
that Steve Bellone refused to explain at a recent Town Board Meeting. That $17 million was your
money spent on a project in another neighborhood. That is a violation of NYS Law. Jackie Gordon
and Tom Donnelly have only promised to continue to do more of the same thing. Don’t you think you
should know how YOUR money is spent?

Old 11-05-2011, 06:54 PM

13,056 posts, read 18,116,584 times
North Hempstead BYE BYE Jon Kaiman and Tom Dwyer for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island