Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2012, 08:03 AM

1 posts, read 1,858 times

Advertisements

hello can anyone explain the scope of authority of a town of oyster bay code enforcement agent. I know they are re-active in nature as opposed to pro active but can they respond to a written complaint on one issue and then make observations and add on multiple alledged violations? I had a code guy come to my house on a anonymous to me complaint so I'm not even sure what the original issue was but because I have requested him to furnish me with the town codes I was in violation of he has become upset and is threatening me with writting additional summons. He listed multiple violations on his notice of violation and I intend to adress each alledged violation. I just want to know if he can respond to one complaint and then go on a witch hunt? thanks ps sorry for the spelling error in the title
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2012, 11:26 AM

537 posts, read 1,448,689 times
If you knowingly have issues with your house that don't meet code... Do you really think he is going to ignore this?

Old 01-28-2012, 11:41 AM

19 posts, read 44,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ave1024 View Post
If you knowingly have issues with your house that don't meet code... Do you really think he is going to ignore this?

thanks for your reply. I don't do the argument thing

Old 01-28-2012, 11:47 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,246,014 times
Interesting

Old 01-28-2012, 12:26 PM

19 posts, read 44,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetties View Post
Interesting
not sure what your refering to but live and learn thanks for the reply

Old 01-28-2012, 07:33 PM

8,815 posts, read 21,282,976 times
Please do not discuss other members or argue back & forth.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 02-03-2012, 07:02 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,579,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by codejoke View Post
hello can anyone explain the scope of authority of a town of oyster bay code enforcement agent. I know they are re-active in nature as opposed to pro active but can they respond to a written complaint on one issue and then make observations and add on multiple alledged violations? I had a code guy come to my house on a anonymous to me complaint so I'm not even sure what the original issue was but because I have requested him to furnish me with the town codes I was in violation of he has become upset and is threatening me with writting additional summons. He listed multiple violations on his notice of violation and I intend to adress each alledged violation. I just want to know if he can respond to one complaint and then go on a witch hunt? thanks ps sorry for the spelling error in the title
hey codejoke! go back and re read my post ! There is no dought he will come up with some codes you are in violation on but! the real issue here is that as I state most if not all city's and town are in fact complaint driven not pro-active, now the code officer is in violation of your rights to due process ( constitutional law violation ) . this is more serious they your so called code violation , so force him to reveal who complained , then they ( the city code officer) will have to show how that person was injured . Thats the issue here . Without revealiung the complaintent there is no action that code enforcement can get involved in , end of matter.

Old 02-04-2012, 09:59 AM

20 posts, read 91,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
hey codejoke! go back and re read my post ! There is no dought he will come up with some codes you are in violation on but! the real issue here is that as I state most if not all city's and town are in fact complaint driven not pro-active, now the code officer is in violation of your rights to due process ( constitutional law violation ) . this is more serious they your so called code violation , so force him to reveal who complained , then they ( the city code officer) will have to show how that person was injured . Thats the issue here . Without revealiung the complaintent there is no action that code enforcement can get involved in , end of matter.

your absolloooootly RIGHT on all counts thank you for your response

Old 02-05-2012, 09:48 AM

1,609 posts, read 4,688,672 times
I watch the town of Huntington zoning board of appeals hearings on CH 18 Cable vision and they pick up all sorts of other code violations on a home in addition to the original complaint to me its sad they should issue brown shirts to these people,they make it sound like they are doing you a big favor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: