Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2012, 03:15 PM

4 posts, read 7,139 times

Advertisements

In my high school we hosted a few Japanese teenagers for a week whom were affected by the Tsunami/earthquake/meltdown. Anyway, as they presented in front of our language class, the teacher and some of the non-Japanese students mentioned about how (in addition to the bigger Indian point plant) there is a smaller NUCLEAR powerplant ON long island in Hempstead (the location didn't surprise me, considering how that's definitely not the greatest neighborhood in the world). Also, there is another small nuclear power plant someplace else on the South Shore, but I heard about the Hempstead one mostly.

I tried to google this, but I found no results or listings on nuclear power plants in Long Island, which leads me to believe that these plants are in cognito, and that people are lied to and made ignorant so that there are no worries about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2012, 05:32 PM

330 posts, read 726,067 times
Unless it's underground there's no nuclear power plant here.

Old 03-31-2012, 06:58 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,518,057 times
I wish there was, we'd be paying a hell of a lot less for power.

Old 03-31-2012, 07:23 PM

327 posts, read 1,063,382 times
Shoreham? Shoreham Nuclear Power Plant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-31-2012, 09:26 PM

2,897 posts, read 4,405,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
I wish there was, we'd be paying a hell of a lot less for power.
+1....I think we need to go nuclear.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:31 AM

332 posts, read 613,575 times
The only working nuclear reactor that I know about on LI was at brookhaven lab, which had a small test reactor, along with a particle collider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandblandness View Post
In my high school we hosted a few Japanese teenagers for a week whom were affected by the Tsunami/earthquake/meltdown. Anyway, as they presented in front of our language class, the teacher and some of the non-Japanese students mentioned about how (in addition to the bigger Indian point plant) there is a smaller NUCLEAR powerplant ON long island in Hempstead (the location didn't surprise me, considering how that's definitely not the greatest neighborhood in the world). Also, there is another small nuclear power plant someplace else on the South Shore, but I heard about the Hempstead one mostly.

I tried to google this, but I found no results or listings on nuclear power plants in Long Island, which leads me to believe that these plants are in cognito, and that people are lied to and made ignorant so that there are no worries about it.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:36 PM

112 posts, read 257,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbat hunter View Post
The only working nuclear reactor that I know about on LI was at brookhaven lab, which had a small test reactor, along with a particle collider.
Don't describe it in past tense. There still is an fully operational test reactor at BNL. Primarily used for medical and other research. The collider is still operational as well.

Many other new things happening at the lab. Lot's of new construction lately. A new solar energy "farm" is one of the items being worked on.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:42 PM

516 posts, read 1,075,391 times
You can have your own nuke plant

[NOW AVAILABLE] TigerDirect.com - INTRODUCING THE WORLD'S FIRST HOME MINI-NUCLEAR GENERATOR

Old 04-01-2012, 07:48 PM

1,456 posts, read 4,328,264 times
I have a feeling that the article is an April Fool's joke
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: